Spots on the Notty

Joeytier

I'll be heading up to North Bay for an open house at Canadore College this coming Saturday, and I hope to hit the Notty on the way back. I would really appreciate it if someone could steer me in the direction of some parking lots that would place me on some nice holes. PM me if you like.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it's closed upstream of 89, 89 to Pine river is catch & release only all year, downstrean of the Pine/Notty you'll need an Essa Twsp pass for fishing the public land access. North of the swamp is still pretty high water and looks like diarhea.

I can understand why some may feel that the Notty has been "off" this year. Compared to the past few fall seasons, fish were definitely harder to come by during the fall/winter of '08. Before attributing this to a population collapse etc, you should consider the vast amounts of precipitation which we received. For most of the season, the river was high which allowed fish to push upriver at will and they generally were not holding in the usual areas. This was actually true for a number of the GB and Huron rivers which I frequent on a regular basis. The fish were still there, just not where you normally expect to find them, again due to the higher water conditions.

As for spots Joeytier, there are a multitude of places to fish. Grab a map or look at Google Earth, find a road crossing and go from there. Generally speaking, if you don't encounter any "No parking" or "No tresspassing" you are good to go (though as Fisherman stated, be aware of the Essa permit requirement if you are fishing on public lands in that township).

Edited by wallacio