new dodge charger?

purekgw

I work in Chrysler Research and Development and usually know of new models well in advance of production and I have no knowledge of a 2 door Charger in the works. The Challenger is the only 2 door muscle car for now.

I work in Chrysler Research and Development and usually know of new models well in advance of production and I have no knowledge of a 2 door Charger in the works. The Challenger is the only 2 door muscle car for now.

ahhhhhh party pooper lol i was really wanting this to be realistic car its a really good design, and yes the challenger is really nice but like you said i dont really care for the rear end still nice tho

Thanks for that George! Ya know, that's always been my beef with the auto industry. Take for example this thread.. a guys post a pic of a vehicle that has everyone salivating and Chrysler isn't making them!

I really seems like all the major manufactures have been offering us their uninspiring designs for years and the ones consumers get excited over are just 'concepts' they unvail at autoshows.

Dam,,,shoulda kept my 74 vw bug !

Neighbors older brother friend had Super Bee ( not sure what year ) but it was lime green !

That thing was fast ,was in it once , scared the crap otta me . he soon totaled it , but walked he away without a scratch.

TB

Thanks for that George! Ya know, that's always been my beef with the auto industry. Take for example this thread.. a guys post a pic of a vehicle that has everyone salivating and Chrysler isn't making them!

I really seems like all the major manufactures have been offering us their uninspiring designs for years and the ones consumers get excited over are just 'concepts' they unvail at autoshows.

the concepts are displayed to try out new ideas, the public's reaction to these concept vehicles is closely observed. If a concept gets enough attention at shows over a couple of years it has a chance to make it to market. The amount of market for that vehicle is what ultimately decides if it will be produced. The mustang , camaro and challenger were all concepts that got a lot of attention and are being produced, but these cars will not be big money makers, they are a image builder, the Viper is even a better example of a image builder and not a money maker. People's taste in cars varies a great deal and it's hard to satisfy all appetites especially in these times of making more profit rules.

Here is a couple of pics of my old Mopar, 1960 D100. I brought it in from Georgia last February, it is currently undergoing a frame off restoration. It took me years to find, I specifically wanted a 1960 same year I was born, short box and of course it had to be a Dodge. Dodge did not sell many pick ups in the 50's and early 60's making them very hard to find especially with enough left to rebuild.

truck_1.JPG

truck2.JPG