Is there a DIY section on OFN website?

rbaquial

Hey OFC'ers...

Just wondering if we have a DIY section on this website...

The reason why I'm asking; I randomly did a search on GOOGLE IMAGES for the word "OFNCOMMUNITY" and came across this link...

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...;blogid=42&

Which had me wondering...

If anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate it...

IF NOT.... Why not have one? There are a lot of topics people might have on a lot of stuff (ie: Making your own leaders, quick-strike rigs, fishing rigs etc...)

Thanks!

RoB

most people ask questions and get suitable answers@! as far DIY in theory WE all do it ourselves...and don't think many will come do it for you ??? lol

there can be a blog on different subjects with a suitable search engine , or a wiki but all in all this site has pretty good resourses and people to answer any questions, I am hoping to learn all I can here and contribute some ideas and pics as soon as I get my butt out there!

Edited by fishinFanatic69

Yeah, I know what you mean FishinFanatic... I'd prefer something on this website, as oppose to searching all the time off the internet. I'm loving this board ever since I joined! SO MUCH INFORMATION TO ABSORB!! It'd be nice to have a section of people here posting how they DIY their own steel leaders, rigs etc...

No one likes change, and I know for a fact that I rarely visit the other sub sections in the forum and i doubt others visit all of them everyday too. You could however start a geocities website or something for DIY tackle and create a mini forum in there and have the link in your signiture.

Otherwise I doubt a new sub-forum will fly around here. But who knows, it could just be the new thing, and there might be people who were just waiting to show off their odd little inventions.

I'd personally say that a sticky note on this sub-forum might fly with some, but to others it clutters up the forum. Im not sure if there would even be enough interest in it.

To sum up everything... dont get your hopes up, but anythings possible.

There are just way too many possible forum and sub-forum titles to consider breaking it all down. It is possible the site may grow a static information section at some point, but it would be off the board..and I really don't even know if that will happen.

The current format is very user friendly and that little search button up top does wonders.

There are only a few giant fishing boards and they all have one thing in common...95% of the posts and traffic are on the main section.

With the massive increase in posts and traffic, it is hard to keep up as it is.

We were already kicked off a server a few times for killing other sites and are now running on a dedicated server...I know that may not mean much, but what it means is we have lots and lots of people here and this current format has worked extremely well.

It was not by any ingenious design, it was just the way it grew.

I agree with Rick ... and frankly on 'other' sites much is missed because I dont have the patience to go searching around for new stuff ...

For those who use the site regularly (like every day) .. it is an effort to go searching in nooks and crannies to find everything... if one topic gets tooo unruly and creates too much 'noise' it will normally get stuffed off to the side (like the tourny or like auctions) .. but generally most of us like the smorgsbord approach to our posts .. it keeps the day interesting :)

in the winter i like to check out iceshanty.com, which is a huge US based ice fishing site. It's a very active board and there's tones of information there. Only problem... the forums are broken down into A LOT of sub-forums and it's a total PITA to sort through everything to find what you want.

IMO, having everything in one place is part of what makes OFC work so well.

We do have a DIY section, it is right here where it is easy to find. As far as a post getting lost, I usually check in here about twice a day and it only takes a few seconds to see if there are any new threads. If I want specific information on anything, I try the search engine, if that doesn't give me what I need, I simply ask and almost always get the information I need very quickly.

I've been around here since nearly the beginning and I like the site just the way it is!