More Brownies

fishinfool

Guest gbfisher
heh .. I miss the splake .. they were great eating and the returns were there .. if not self sustaining...Id much rather see splake stocked than atlantics ... and that pink meat .... mmmmm mmmmmm goood !

I miss them as well...... :D

100_0044.jpg

Listen up. I'm not trying to cause a rukkus here. I'm just looking for clarification. I still think that fish might be an atlantic. I don't think those pics posted are from Lake O or its tribs, but whatever......leave it at that, and move on, doesn't really matter. Some of you guys are getting your panties in a knot over nothing. I'm no proclaimed expert in fish ID, nor am I a biologist, but I'm not a newbie either. I've caught my share of browns and atlantics, and I've got a couple decades in on the tribs. So far, I'm not convinced that fish is a brown. It MIGHT be... :dunno: ...but none of us will ever know, unless it was in our hands. It could very well be, and none of us can prove anything.

I appologize to fishinfool for hijacking his thread, sorry again man!!!

Sinker

Guest gbfisher
I am no expert BUT the angler did say that all the fish went back so why let this go on? I swear it could have been a ____ but wasn't sure so I didn't post. It's ok, let it go the fish went on to fight another day...

There's no issue about eating it.... :)

hey Sinker,

I'm not trying to stir it up either....that brown does look like an Atlantic but the tail section did it for me. It was big water I was on and it has a great run of stoked Atlatics......check out these bad boys......pretty sure some of the experts will say they are humped back carp.

when they are in, we call em cockroaches!

Cheers

RR

oops....fast trigger. here's a couple pics of the hump back carp

RR

Believe it or not, I've caught a few of those out of the east tribs back in the day. Not quite the hump like those ones, but they had the hump. I should have put one on the wall.

I knew you were fishing up there, I just didn't want to write it.

I still think that fish is an atlantic, but we'll never know.

Sinker

Believe it or not, I've caught a few of those out of the east tribs back in the day. Not quite the hump like those ones, but they had the hump. I should have put one on the wall.

I knew you were fishing up there, I just didn't want to write it.

I still think that fish is an atlantic, but we'll never know.

Sinker

No we know, its a brown. If you caught some atlantics like you said you did before then you wouldnt be arguing up and down that it could be an atlantic.

So say your right, it has some spots on the gills, a few spots above the LL. But the tail section looks nothing like an atlantic and easily id's it as a brown.

yep. although I never did hook the humpies in the 80's....I did see them in the rivers out east a few times. Back when the lakers used to come way up the east rivers too.

as for the atlantic river, anyone that figues out where those fish were caught has been there already.

RR

Guest gbfisher

good stuff Ryan...but I don't see any spots on its tail....and fish never look different than they do in pictures...... :rolleyes: You know Squat!!!

Id say Sinker has caught more trout and salmon in 2 years than you have in your whole life. I feel pretty confident that goes for more than half of you here knocking him. :D

Nice fishies fishinfool!

But c'mon now fess up......

Those fish were all flossed with cigarette butts, bonked then later smothered in a marshmallow sauce and washed down with a nice Banrock Station sauvignon blanc.

Right?

:D

LMAO.. a little comic relief is gonna go a long way this morning!!

GROUP HUG??!!

Just saw this thread and thought I would add a picture of a Lake O. Atlantic next to a Lake O. Brown. As you can see, it's easy to tell the difference once you know what to look for. A KEY identifying characteristic that doesn't fluctuate like spot patters can, is the base of the tail and shape of the tail...

It's skinny and slightly forked on Atlantics and stout and square on Browns. With that in mind, you'll never mis-identify these species.

100 % Atlantic

img0173mediumrg0.jpg

100% Brown Trout

IMG_0004Medium-2.jpg

Tony

Just saw this thread and thought I would add a picture of a Lake O. Atlantic next to a Lake O. Brown. As you can see, it's easy to tell the difference once you know what to look for. A KEY identifying characteristic that doesn't fluctuate like spot patters can, is the base of the tail and shape of the tail...

It's skinny and slightly forked on Atlantics and stout and square on Browns. With that in mind, you'll never mis-identify these species.

100 % Atlantic

img0173mediumrg0.jpg

100% Brown Trout

IMG_0004Medium-2.jpg

Tony

thank you sir

good stuff Ryan...but I don't see any spots on its tail....and fish never look different than they do in pictures...... :rolleyes: You know Squat!!!

Id say Sinker has caught more trout and salmon in 2 years than you have in your whole life. I feel pretty confident that goes for more than half of you here knocking him. :D

Well look whos stiring the pot again :blahblah1:

Im not knocking anyone.

Maybe you guys catch 1000's and 1000's more fish then me..... but at least I know what Im catching :lol:

Thank you tonyb

100 % Atlantic

img0173mediumrg0.jpg

100% Brown Trout

IMG_0004Medium-2.jpg

Tony

Did you send in scale samples to a fisheries biologist?!!

No we know, its a brown. If you caught some atlantics like you said you did before then you wouldnt be arguing up and down that it could be an atlantic.

So say your right, it has some spots on the gills, a few spots above the LL. But the tail section looks nothing like an atlantic and easily id's it as a brown.

Ok, so I'm a fool, I've never caught an atlantic, and I'm on some sort of medication.

None of you know me personally, none of you have any

Ok, so I'm a fool, I've never caught an atlantic, and I'm on some sort of medication.

BEST reply ever on this board! So true, so true :P

TONY 2 DA B has MAD photoshop skills boyeeeeeeeeee!

You guys are so fawked it blows my mind.

I never said you have never caught an atlantic either, I was simply making a point.

theres no need to get bent out of shape over a debate about a fish neither one of us caught.

rigger season is just starting there's a whole summer of atlantic debates to be had :P:lol:

Tony, I'm still waiting... unless you post the results of that scale sampling.. you couldn't possibly be a 100% sure.. That fish could very likely be a juvenile chinook or coho..

If that's your only photo of a supposed salar, you're not exactly an authority on the matter are you?!

Not trying to discredit you, just trying to prove a point.

Edited by Highdrifter