Quick Report

MCTFisher9120

For the last week i have been visiting me grandma, fishing and taking pictures. Unfortunately the pike were not around for me to catch from shore. Using small & large jerkbaits, different colour spoons(tipped with and without minnows), large minnows under a float, soft plastic jerkbaits and spinners i could not get a single pike to bite. So finally accepting what the locals told me I believed that the pike were further out at this time, but i did manage to get some rather nice size perch on the spinners while i was fishing in some of the streams. To pass the time i played around with my little Kodak digital camera and took some decent pictures.

River I Fished:

100_0174.jpg

Lure:

100_0188.jpg

100_0244.jpg

100_0185.jpg

100_0331.jpg

100_0413.jpg

100_0457.jpg

Well we had a great time and most importantly i was glad to see my grandmother to be in good health as she is 100 years old going on 101 later this summer. Next on the list is sucker fishing :)

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

If you didn't catch any fish... it was because you don't deserve any!!! ;)

I didn't deserve any for about 6 weeks!, but I kept making sacrifices to the fishing gods of time, minnows, and tackle!

I have just now begun to be rewarded with fish again... you must appease the fishing gods!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Edited by GCD

I think i know why you didnt get any pike.. You reel with the wrong hand !!!! haha just kidding buddy. I bet you had fun just chucking some lures and finaly being able to fish.

I dunno about that.......maybe you reel with the wrong hand?? Beat this, I cast AND reel with the same hand.......I bet ya can't do that :P:lol:

Hey, at least you were trying. Better than sitting here wishing you were fishing!! Thanks for the report, and great pics!

Sinker

It's funny, I shoot left and cast left even though I'm right-handed. Congrats to your grandma on makin it that age you should have some good genes which is a part, but more importantly the healthy lifestyle learned! I'm no pike fishing pro but I think there's a few factors to consider that could help you: size of bait (I think it may be too large considering the time of year its cold), I don't think the pike are very active now sloooooooow presentation is what I've gathered from various articles and posts, but GREAT PICTURES, nice camera angles you got the touch :) you'd be surprised how few ppl know how to take a basic picture!

Hmmm considering how shallow you're fishing, if possible I'd recommend a floater and run a minnow just a foot underneath, could be the ticket what do you think fellow board members, are pike still sluggish to chase a faster presentation?

Edited by Bass Killer