Lotsa folks on Simcoe today

camillj

Well I decided to get out at Innisfil and try to up the ante for my team (Lake Trout and Whitefish) ... no Lakers but I did manage a nice Whitey.

Had to keep the sunglasses on all day (and take the jacket off for most of it) ... there is still about 18" of good ice ... at least there was as of 4:00pm ... but the top couple of inchs was getting softish ... I walked out but there were many ATV's Skidoos and trucks bombing around ...

Heres a few pics :

Simcoe%20March%2015%202009%20008%20(Medium).jpg

Simcoe%20March%2015%202009%20009%20(Medium).jpg

Simcoe%20March%2015%202009%20010%20(Medium).jpg

Simcoe%20March%2015%202009%20011%20(Medium).jpg

Simcoe%20March%2015%202009%20012%20(Medium).jpg

Simcoe%20March%2015%202009%20013%20(Medium).jpg

It was awesome ... mostly because I knew I was on safe ice ... but when those trucks went bombing by they really had quick a shock wave set up and it was enough to get the minnows swimming .. and trigger the odd hit :)

I have a raccoon tan (had to keep the glasses on or risk eye troubles - there was a LOT of glare out there)

Great report and pics camillj :thumbsup_anim:

That's a real beautiful whitie you got there.... congratulations :clapping:

Got to love it when you can take off the added clothing and enjoy time out on the hard surface!!

Again good job and thanks for sharing

Leechman

Nice to meet you out there today Joey, thanks for those minnows! The ones that were working for us today were quite a bit smaller than those, but they made good chum bits! I'll post our report later once I have some time to upload the pics. I finally got my first (and then second) laker ever today... woohoo! GCD... some inches for the Tourney are on the way! (Laker)