Quickie Post Simcoe Skunk Report.

ccmtcanada

After getting skunked on Simcoe yesterday....and the fact that my entire family was away in the States, I decided to sleep in...relax...and head out at the crack of noonish...LOL. I knew the local trib would be a madhouse of activity, so I wasn't in a huge rush to join them all.

Got to a nice spot to drift and started out. I talked to a bunch of guys who had been there all day long. Seems people did well in the morning, but the bite slowed quickly as the day went on. I used roe at first, and had one hit...and nothing else really. I then decided to switch it up. They've seen roe bag after roe bag this morning I assumed so I put on one of Kemper's jigs that I won in the auctions...a nice pink one. Sure enough, float goes down on the first drift, but it was a short lived battle. Kept going with the pink for a bit and changed to one of his purple ones. Again...first drift and another fish on! This was a big one...had a hard time getting it out of the main current....eventually....the fish won. Damn...going to be a tough day! Had another on and promptly lost it. I was thinking it wasn't going to be my day....

Finally...as my time was running short, my float goes down...I was ready this time...and got a good hookset! Jumped out of the water a few times, but I brought this one in. Sorry bout the mud on him...was just about to snap the pic and he flipped on the bank. A nearby kid came over to hold it's tail so I could take a quick pic and back in the water. Didn't want to waste time 'cleaning' it off...

Anyhow, this is a 26.5"er, an upgrade for team inTENsity!

26halfinch.jpg

Edited by ccmt

Great report and pic Cliff :thumbsup_anim:

Must feel real good to get that skunk off your shoulder :clapping: Real beaut :thumbsup_anim:

You got rewarded big time for your efforts.... Great job :clapping:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Awesome Kemper....I lost two of your jigs yesterday....LOL.

At the price you paid! Those are like gold for 3.33 each!

What did you lose a pink/silver head and a purple/pink bronze head?

Ive got a white/pink combo with an flo. orange head and a neon green/pink head for you to try.

At the price you paid! Those are like gold for 3.33 each!

What did you lose a pink/silver head and a purple/pink bronze head?

Ive got a white/pink combo with an flo. orange head and a neon green/pink head for you to try.

Yep...one of each of the ones I mentioned in the thread. Cool...maybe I'll meet up with you out there sometime soon!

Great catch Cliff!

With that said, I can't believe you skunked...That's like saying Bly didn't out-fish you or Solopaddler blanked on one of his epic trips...What is this world coming to!?

Great catch Cliff!

With that said, I can't believe you skunked...That's like saying Bly didn't out-fish you or Solopaddler blanked on one of his epic trips...What is this world coming to!?

Hey now!! When it comes to ice fishing, skunks are the norm...LOL.

Bly will have a report later tonite...she's been out hunting steel this evening!

Carp season is just around the corner MJL...hope to see you out this way again this year.

Great fishing story Cliff. Thanks. :whistling:

It is nice to get out after the winter isn't it.

Getting the boat ready soon?

What did I ever do to you canoe crack? And the boat...soon we'll be getting her out of the garage and ready for the new season!

Nice fish Cliff. Good to see you can catch something. :P:D

Smarta$. Hmmm...and how many did you catch on Saturday???

Nice goin' bud. So I'm guessing you havn't picked up a centrepin reel yet?

No centrepin yet Mike...maybe for the fall season I'll have one...then I'm comin to you for lessons!!

Wtg cliff Its been a pleasure to watch you go from your first steelie to consistently being on fish. keep up the great work.

Thanks Silvio...you've been a great help over the past seasons...with tips or encouragement. Much appreciated! Just wish I could get out more often!

Good job bud .... I wish I had more time to fish Sunday, but I had to leave shortly after we ran into each other. Thanks for the tips on our infamous pool, crazy how it has changed since the fall... Good to see you got into them on the jigs. I lost way to much gear that day to start slinging jigs , LOL !!! guess I should have... See ya soon

Hmmmmmm,

Looks like Kempers hand!!!!

That's a score for us!!!!!!

haha not this time Snag.

Ive been holed up in Guelph attempting to endure midterms and term papers..

but as of thursday those steelies better watch out!

Hmmmmmm,

Looks like Kempers hand!!!!

That's a score for us!!!!!!

haha not this time Snag.

Ive been holed up in Guelph attempting to endure midterms and term papers..

but as of thursday those steelies better watch out!

I'll accept your apology now Snag.

I'm waiting....

:P