rod pod i have made..spring is here he he....

spinnerdoc

hi guys.. here's a lil project i have along with tying flies and them spinners. worked on it when i had time to spare at the shop...well there seem to be lots of that nowadays with what's been goin on the last few months. something to cheer us up...hey spring is here!!!!

carp_fishing_and_gear_002__Medium_.jpg

carp_fishing_and_gear_003__Medium_.jpg

carp_fishing_and_gear_004__Medium_.jpg

carp_fishing_and_gear_001__Medium_.jpg

hometownhandyman, i thought of that but i tried the hex i found were enough to keep the strike indicator and back posts. i used aluminum pipes and both aluminum and nylon inserts so the last thing i wanted to do was to over tighten them and they are easy to hand tighten. the bores are quite snug and gives a nice support. all the legs are screw in type, so the whole thing store nicely.

danielm, yup i just have to try em out, i put my rod and reel setup and it looks good. and yes i was aiming for the "light" part, that's why i chose aluminum and nylon inserts with the exeption of the socket heads.

thanks randy

Edited by spinnerdoc

Much purdier and professional lookin' than mine...but it works... :rolleyes:

Home-madecarppod002.jpg

Normally, I just pound in the bank stix but that is not always feasable...cement piers, wooden docks...

Big Cliff gets quite perturbed when I drill holes in his dock so I came up with this... ;)

Edited by Beans

Very slick set up Spinnerdoc. Great job on the pod. A few guys in Hamilton have also made their own pods using various materials. It sure saves you from having to walk around with a power drill when you want to get a set of banksticks into concrete or wood boardwalks :lol:

cost wise...well i had the strike indicator w/ stand originally. the main body and 2 legs at the front i got around $20(home depot). the rest are materials we had around the shop....it's the time mainly. i fabricated the inserts i used. it's my prototype. i would change some stuff later on but so far it looks and feels light and strong. i'd still keep it simple though. I'm looking into the materials and where to get them better.

thanks for all the props guys