N00bie

RuNnYoOzE

HI all I stumbled across this great fishing site...I'm hoping to get some help in establishing some resourses and places to find hot~spots. I usually shore fish ( never have fished from a boat to be honest) so Im hoping to network with some pros and or weekend warriors who like me love to get our lines all bent out of shape landing a big 1.....thanks and if anyone has any news or links or tips to great places Id love to know...I am currently residing in southern Ontario 20 minutes from Niagra falls.

Niagra River, Grand River, Lake Eerie Lake Ontario!

LOL!

Welcome aboard, show us some pictures!

Hi it's been awhile since I fished ..we went to the whirlpool to fish with roe..what a climb out of that place! well then went to the boat launch down from Laura Secords house..poop I really need some hints on where to go..I don't have a boat and someone hook a fellow human up with something worthwhile!

no offense, but don't expect anyone to give away their shore spots to you... especially since this was your first post... GOOD shore spots are GOLD!!! and usually they are that good because a lot of people don't know about them...

you're in the Niagara region, there are great spots all over the Niagara river... put in some time fishing the area... soon enough you'll find your own HOT spots.

Welcome to the board!!! :thumbsup_anim:

no offense, but don't expect anyone to give away their shore spots to you... especially since this was your first post... GOOD shore spots are GOLD!!! and usually they are that good because a lot of people don't know about them...

you're in the Niagara region, there are great spots all over the Niagara river... put in some time fishing the area... soon enough you'll find your own HOT spots.

Welcome to the board!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Not neccessarily!... money talks!!!

... and Bull walks! :stretcher:

Not neccessarily!... money talks!!!

you may be on to something there... i've got some shore spots that are probably worth a few thousand $$$ at least ;););)

seriously... 10 - 20 walleyes per night all between 2 and 5 pounds... hehehe

Edited by gone_fishin

no offense, but don't expect anyone to give away their shore spots to you... especially since this was your first post... GOOD shore spots are GOLD!!!

Have to agree with him on this one.

Once one person knows about a spot....150 people know about it, then it gets fished out.

Best advice...explore!

Have to agree with him on this one.

Once one person knows about a spot....150 people know about it, then it gets fished out.

Best advice...explore!

oooh totally makes sense! I have to agree without a boat your fishing rock bass and carp! unless you become lucky and or love to bush wack!

oooh totally makes sense! I have to agree without a boat your fishing rock bass and carp! unless you become lucky and or love to bush wack!

FishinFanatic69...Welcome to OFC.

A tip for you... it isn't about shore vs boat, urban vs rural, and even though luck does contribute if it were all luck I would never catch anything. You have access to some great waters....get out and work them, try knew things etc.

rock bass and carp...... :whistling:

Hey noobie welcome to the board, i've seen people with an intro like yours (asking for hotspots early on) get thrashed in the boards so consider yourself lucky. It seems like there's more etiquette and tolerance to newbies on this board than before, which is good to see!

Don't expect people to just give out shore spots, mainly since they invested time in finding them and are like a secret. What would get you a better response is asking for more general 'areas,' not necessarily a hot spot but a hot area, and ask for tips about what to look for in these areas, and how to fish them depending on what you're fishing for. You'll like it here a lot, so much excellent knowledge and tips shared.

HI all I stumbled across this great fishing site...I'm hoping to get some help in establishing some resourses and places to find hot~spots. I usually shore fish ( never have fished from a boat to be honest) so Im hoping to network with some pros and or weekend warriors who like me love to get our lines all bent out of shape landing a big 1.....thanks and if anyone has any news or links or tips to great places Id love to know...I am currently residing in southern Ontario 20 minutes from Niagra falls.

Welcome to OFC fishinFanatic69 :thumbsup_anim:

You've made the right choice to join and from the replies you got.... I gather that you will not be tipped or given info of some of the hot spots in your area..... and that's understandable. Hot spots are something that no one want's to share. The legwork that was put in and efforts in finding a productive area is something to be silent about.

Where you live, you are surrounded by lot's of great bodies of water that's waiting for you to explore. Wish I could help you more but for the most part.... going out and putting in the legwork is what's best.

Good luck on your hunt and looking forward to your future reports

Leechman

Hey noobie welcome to the board, i've seen people with an intro like yours (asking for hotspots early on) get thrashed in the boards so consider yourself lucky. It seems like there's more etiquette and tolerance to newbies on this board than before, which is good to see!

It's only this way because we can start thinking about getting our boats out now. We are not as cranky compared to a couple months ago :P

i'm sure you're starting to figure out this internet fishing forum thing pretty quick with the posts from this thread... people don't give away their spots (like i said), and by no means was i trying to be rude about that... it's just the way it is... wait until the steelhead reports start coming in, you'll see all kinds of blurred pictures to "mask" the backgrounds... Seriously!!!

shore spots are hard to come by, and when you find a good one, you keep it to yourself, and if you do share, you have to choose who you share it with WISELY!!! i'm sure everyone here has boasted about a good spot at some point in their "fishing career" and come back to that spot a week later to find everybody and their mother fishing the hole that they found... it sucks!!! finding those spots is what makes everything worth while! that is what fishing is all about... put in the time and you will get rewarded... learn the body of water that you are fishing (topographical maps are a HUGE benefit - as long as you know what you're looking for), learn about what types of fish prefer what type of structure... learn about the feeding habits of those fish in that particular body of water (what they are feeding on)... ask locals (or local tackle shops - but keep in mind they are trying to make a buck off of you by selling their stock) about what is working for what species of fish... and ask locals where they are fishing, you may get lucky, some people don't care if they give away their spots... tackle shops are usually pretty informed about where fish are being caught... seriously, just learn as much as you can, and the best way of doing that is going out and experimenting with different locations and different presentations!!!!! AND have fun doing it... it will mean a few "skunkings" but it happens to the best of us...

I can't wait to see some posts from you saying that you found a great spot on the Niagara somewhere that nobady else fishes... trust me it is the most rewarding thing in fishing - when you find a spot that is completely untouched and you are just hammering fish there... then you'll understand why shore spots are so protected!

GOOD LUCK!!!!! and have FUN!!!!!

You will get some tips and advice but you won`t get a spot worth fishing, you would have better luck asking a member if you could date their wife.

If I knew something about your area I would help out.

Oops!

I forgot to ask and your wife gave me your GPS,

While you were at work :rolleyes:

I owe you one (or 2)

:P

Now what ya wanna do is follow that Snag guy around T..O....

Just blend into the background. :lol:

:dunno:

Heyyyyy,

Gb, that's not fair!

One of these days you'll find me attached to your hull scouting musky locals.

B)