Grenadier Pond @ HIGH PARK in Toronto

rbaquial

Yeah, there are a lot of places you can fish from shore - supposedly that place holds some bass and pike...(depending on season)...

if you send me a PM along with your EMAIL ADDRESS, I can send you a .PDF file of places in Toronto that are good for 'Shore Fisherman' - its on the MNR website too.

Was there yesterday working and its still frozen ,(we're doing alot of inprovements to the pond and building a classroom , lunch area ,for students to come and study the pond after we finish,this will be the first hay bail constructed building in toronto) but the ice is thinning around the shore wont last much longer . we are doing lots of work on the pond and surrounding area and I made sure I used my imput to make sure when we're finished the pond will have 3 very nice shoals for bass spawning and more ares for access for fishing. working in Storm water management has its good side .

See it every morning on my way to the office... She's still frozen over. Looked sketchy too.

If you're planning on heading that way, ya might as well check out the lake side. You'll have open water even in the sheltered areas, where you'll most likely find them. Any flats with good weed growth will hold pike this time of year too.

Happy piking!

HD

• 4 weeks later...

The ice is out but the fish has not moved in yet. Late April, you would be able to catch sunfish, crappie and perch.

I'm developing a website dedicated to this pond since I go fishing there like 4 times a week during the summer.

www.grenadierpond.com

• 1 year later...
Guest gbfisher

Heyyyy,,,,Little buddy. :D Glad ya took my advie with the bobber and worm set up. It is fishing after all and ya don't always catch the big one. Good on ya for giving it a try....Keep at it. :good:

:clapping:

Heyyyy,,,,Little buddy. :D Glad ya took my advie with the bobber and worm set up. It is fishing after all and ya don't always catch the big one. Good on ya for giving it a try....Keep at it. :good:

:clapping:

Honestly worms are the only thing I ever caught fish on. And I've actually been using worms for months. I actually was referring to when I went fishing 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Edited by fisher12

Did anyone ever try SouthWest pond (the pond west of Grenadier pond)?

When I was a young lad playing hooky from grade school, we used to get some minnows there using an old piece of curtain to use in the big pond...

Back then (60 years ago) we called it Catfish pond...don't know why, never saw any catfish in our net...laugh.gif

When I was a young lad playing hooky from grade school, we used to get some minnows there using an old piece of curtain to use in the big pond...

Back then (60 years ago) we called it Catfish pond...don't know why, never saw any catfish in our net...laugh.gif

So I seen peacoaks and lamas,you seen dinasours? :tease:

Guest gbfisher

Honestly worms are the only thing I ever caught fish on. And I've actually been using worms for months. I actually was referring to when I went fishing 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Worms are 'it' when yer young and still learning. ;)

Maybe you could hit your old boy up for some allowance to purchase some lures. Although little fish will still hit big lures as well. :whistling:

Stick with ole faithfull. Worms and bobbers rule... :)

You fish the pond often do you? :D I was at the park last week on a feild trip with my kids class. Just about your age.... :)

Edited by gbfisher