The Tragically Hip

I saw them once several years ago at the Molson Ampitheatre, when it was still a good place to go...all I can say is that they were pretty tragic as they were so high they couldn't remember the lyrics to their own songs.....I hope and trust they've improved over the years and that your wife enjoys them.

Maureen

Saw them 1st in 1990 at the 5th Anniversary bash for 97.7 HTZ FM at Courtcliffe Park in Carlisle (North of Flamborough). An all weekend mid-summer outdoor bash. Saw them again in 1994 at Molson Park in Barrie and somewhere in between saw them open for Rush at Maple Leaf Gardens. They are a great live show. Would love to see them again.

Great live band. I've seen them over 40 times live. Gord has such an amazing stage presence. One thing I like the most is that the songs DON'T all sound the same as they do on the CD. Their songs 'grow' over the years as they perform them live and extra/different lyrics often appear. These new lyrics often form new songs that appear years later on studio releases.

Don't forget to wear your BRUINS jersey to the concert. Harry Sinden is Gordie's Godfather. Wore mine to a Columbus Ohio show during the Fully Completely tour and Gordie made a point of giving me a high five between songs. After seeing the band half a dozen times in Ontario, and having to battle to get within 20ft of the stage, it was cool to see them in a small venue with under 200 people watching.

They're playing our new Entertainment Centre with the Trews May 23rd in Kingston.

http://www.k-rockcentre.com/

It's a fundraiser / awareness event for ALS. One of the dj's from K Rock, has been diagnosed with it. He's done a lot for our community over the years so this is a way to give back to him, his family and help with expences.

Tickets are probably gone now but they always have some available the day of the event.

....this will be an amazing concert; them being home and I'd bet others will be showing up too. "G" the dj, is well known and a great guy so more than likely, Akroyd and others will be there too.

Cheers,

Paul