Saturday afternoon fishing Nipissing

kickingfrog

Had a chance to fish Nipissing with my cousin and his 6 year old son on Saturday afternoon. It was about -24C in the morning and got into the high teens by afternoon, but there wasn't a breath of wind and the sun was out, just about perfect for me. My cousin puts his shack in the same spot pretty much every year and does fairly well, although the fish do have to come to him. I use all his stuff except my tackle so its his way or not at all. There was 3 of us. Five set lines with 5 inch shiners, and me jigging everything I had, 27- 30 feet of water. We got out there about 2pm even though the fish "don't bite" until 5:30pm or so. (I told you the fish have to come to him). I never got a sniff on my jigging rod. One hole produced all the fish, 2 walleye in the slot and 2 nice sized perch. No pictures of the walleye because of the cold and wanting to get them right back down the hole, and the perch, are perch. Fish were caught between 5pm and 6pm.

I also grabbed some of my uncle's photo albums, so I hope to have some "vintage" photos up in the next few weeks.

Getting set-up. The line at the left of the shot had all the fish.

IMG_0459.jpg

My cousin's son and I.

IMG_0464.jpg

North Bay at night by snowmobile light. 15 or so kms away.

IMG_0465.jpg

Always love the locals and the "there's only a night bite for eyes" mentality. Same deal we got catching a couple lakers each evening... everyone would tell us lakers only bite in the morning.... pickeral at night. lol

Great outing Rob no matter how you look at it !