old boat registratioin

firefisher

Hi guys and gals

I know this topic has probably talked about many times but if someone can send me a link or any info that would be greatly appreciated. I have an old boat that hasn't been registered by the past three owners atleast. It has the numbers on the side of the boat though. Just wondering how I can register it without having to track down the last owner who registered it. Any help would be awesome.

cheers

stout fellow

Thanks for your help.... It's going to be a pain to get ahold of him. Any other ideas????

cheers

stout fellow

Well sometimes you have to do things right from the start or it the become THE PAIN. Coulda, shoulda, woulda, but didn't. Go to the Service Canada booth at your local Federal Building, listed in the blue pages, you will have to pay for an affidavit to change ownership. Better now than getting stopped on the lake with no paper trail and then having to go through it anyway.

Edited by Fisherman

The last I heard on getting a capacity plate.

There was a place you could send the measurements of your boat to get a capacity plate. Now the problem there is that the guys that do the math are like.. engineers that charge themselves out at like.. $500. an hour, so there is nobody sitting around waiting for your letter to give you a capacity plate. So now you are supposed to send your information to a place where they will send you a letter saying they can't help you and you are supposed to use the letter when the cops pull you over.

Isn't that swell...I don't make this stuff up...really I don't..