Long weekend report

rhare

What a beautiful weekend to be out on the lake! I don't think you could ask for better weather.

Saturday feb 14th

Headed out mid lake in search of some schools of whities and lakers. Got to my waypoints and set up shop. Only to find very few marks on the finder. Only had the hand auger so we didn't move too many times but we could not find fish. Searched all over the mid lake and nothing but blank screen on the finder. I managed one laker to keep the skunk-less streak going, my friend Andrew managed one and Dan got a very rare skunk for the day.

100_1481.jpg

Sunday feb 15th

We decided to try the mid lake again, this time with the power auger. Started in the same area mid lake and fished all over the place! I mean from whites shoal, to JP, and everywhere in between. Just could not find any real active fish.

I caught one little laker maybe a pound, Dan managed to hook a couple but also just little farts and Andrew came up empty handed. Another tough day out on the mid lake.

Monday feb 16th

After a tough couple days on the mid lake we decided to stay in Kemp and fish the north shore. Met up with my friend John and his group out in 95fow and John was already into some fish!

He had just iced a nice 10lber before we got there and hooked a fish as we set up. A good sign :)

I lost the first two I hooked one of which broke the snap on a berkley crosslock., it was a decent fish but shouldn't have broke the swivel. Andrew hooked into his first ever whitefish. I think he's going to be a Simcoe addict just like the rest of us ; .

Dan then started putting on a jigging clinic. He was hooking up left, right and center. Mostly whities but a few lakers too. I think he finished the day with 9 on the ice and a bunch lost. I iced 4 lakers none all that big. Andrew finished the day with a wee trout giving him 2 for the day and John was on fire himself putting 8 on the ice. What a day it turned out to be and only a walk away!

tightlines

Ryan Hare

Here's a few pics nothing too big but some fish.

John pulling the hooks out of one

100_1482.jpg

100_1492.jpg

100_1485.jpg

Andrew doing battle

100_1487.jpg

100_1488.jpg

100_1484.jpg

100_1490.jpg

100_1492.jpg

100_1495.jpg

100_1497.jpg

100_1498.jpg

100_1501.jpg

100_1503.jpg

100_1504.jpg

Thanks Roy

The ice for the most part was good. Some areas froze bare so they have that wet look to them. The only place I found any bad area's was in kemp. LOTS of heavy cracks in kemp, some open over 2 ft and some with ice pushed up 4ft high. Could get dangerous out there if it get covered by snow.

The jealousy is making it hard to type :lol: Great report...thanks for sharing...just when I was getting tempted to hit Simcoe for some perch and pike...you go and post this!

Perch and Pike!!! get out to kemp and get some whities and lakers.