Dave Mercer + gar pike + flyrod = ???

BillM

Yeah good episode, my Grandfather use to catch gar with a huge square net at the end of a big long tree branch pivoting on another branch with a Y at the end of it to allow the pivoting action. I'm pretty sure he ate them, he wasn't into catch and release type fishing, more into putting food on the table kind of guy.

Absolute hilarity!!!! I am killing myself watching WFN right now. Dave is a funny guy, but this is one of the best episodes I've seen. The Brad Pitt references are even better!!!

Good job Dave!

LOL!!!! Yeah, that was a freakin' hilarious episode!! :D I love watchin' that guy fish.... he's hilarious!!

Ok, those are kinda wimpy compared to the ones we have in Alabama.

http://www.ag.auburn.edu/aaes/communicatio...er00/elise.html

Hey Dawg -

Episode 1 was a Gator Gar show! Those things are NUTS. I can't remember the numbers off hand, but Dave slammed them that day... They're unreal fish, I'm definitely going back for them someday.

As for last nights show - I was wondering if anybody would chime in about it. What a fun shoot to! To bad the weather chased the crew off the lake. I was trying to film lighting and Dave goes "Put the dang camera away, we're gettin' off the water"! lol Nick know's his stuff, and Dave had an absolute blast hammering those gar on a fly rod! I can't believe more people don't fish them.

Cheers,

UF