resedu left from types of line.

Fishing 24/7

iv been using fire line for the past 2 years now.... and have a probleme.

i find that fire line leave LOTS of line resedu.

jamming critical part such as my line guide (pawl)

im finding resecu all over my reels...

does this happen with power pro?

does long term use of power pro leave small fiber resedu on the reels? if not im switching ...... i have to clean my reels every 2 weeks. SOOOOOOOOOO durty. :wallbash:

Guest skeeter99
I hate fireline just because of that mess.

PP doesn't do that at all!!

Sinker

PP does leave a slight residue, very minimal after a few times out there is basically none

spell check spell check spell check

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I find Fireline to be extremely nasty with the residue!!!... I think that's why they call it Fireline.. because it looks like you've been in a fire after casting that stuff for a day!!!... black junk everywhere, on me, the boat, the fish...

PP and Spiderwire are much cleaner!

they all have it except the uncolored white gel spun lines (the natural color of PE fiber). I would say "Original" spiderwire is pretty light on the waxy teflon coating also. it all wipes off pretty easy anyways so you should pick a line that works for you rather than going by which one leaves the least marks.

I started using Fireline when it first came out, then switched to Berkley Whiplash. Whiplash is the best line I have ever used, never faded and was always strong. Had the same spool for 4 years and it was still as good as new. Conveniently they stopped making the Whiplash so I switched to Power Pro. I've used Spiderwire and the Stren braid but I still like Power Pro. It is a cleaner and rounder line.

I've heard good things about the P-Line braid, I will be trying a spool of that this season, anybody use the P-Line?

Diawa has a new braid out this year. It looks really good. It is way more limp than Power Pro and Fireline. I think that I will give it a try.

I use Fireline and Powerpro and have noticed that I get more residue from the P.P. It doesnt really bother me that much. I feel that each line has their advantages. I like both.