Rosseau Report

camillj

I am heading up for a boyz weekend next friday ... just wondering if anyone can give me an update (safety focussed) on the ice conditions along the west shores/bays (from port sandfield to minett)

Thanks in advance ... I know there alot of areas on Rosseau that are NEVER safe because of the current ... but any locals probably know exactly where I mean :)

Wow ... has nobody ventured out on (or near) the ice at Lake Rosseau yet ? .... (145 views ... no replies *** runs to bathroom to check for signs of bad breath or body odour ***) :)

Edited by camillj

Thanks Wayne :)

I am pretty sure we have a few 'locals' from that area ... just gotta keep this up near the top till one of them logs in I guess :)

Either that or tip toe out a couple miles until I find the weak spots then work my way back :)

Hey Cammilj

I'll tell you what I can about Lake Muskoka and Little Joe in the hopes that Rosseau would be the same or close. There are huts on parts of Muskoka with 5" of ice, but that is not out in the main lake. The back bays and areas around islands which didn't break up in the wind a week or so ago have good black ice with about 3" of snow cover. Rosseau should be the same but personally I wouldn't be out in the middle of the main lake quite yet.

Just keep checkin thickness as you go, probably lots of ice by this weekend.

Hope this helps some, and good luck.

Thanks Guys.

Yea probably shoulda said 'please' in the title :)

Just fyi ... Joseph doesnt open until Feb 15th but Rosseau is open ...

Thanks hookset ... Muskoka is BIG water compared to Rosseau so chances are that Rosseau actually has ice at least as good in the bays ... I'll find out and let y'all know ... I think I can actually hear it being made now .. at -26 tonight that oughta help

Guess I'll have to post the report when I get back.

I'd be happy to hook up with you if you want to go up .. and I'll show ya :)

I will be up there this weekend and again on the weekend of Feb 17th for Lake Joseph opener .... my go-to approach is light line ... small hook and single minnow about 18" below a single split shot fished within a foot of bottom ....

but just like the realtor said ... location location location ...

Rosseau/Jospeh have some of the best (quality and quantity) laker fishin in the region IMHO