They got me!!

Grimace

Yeah there's a bunch of these nice people operating in Ottawa as well.

My son has been hacked 2x others I know as well.

I use my debit card at my small town gas station as I know them but otherwise If we're travelling any distance we get cash to carry cause gas bars along the road are breeding grounds for this stuff.

There was a student at a college in Ottawa working in the cafeteria or bookstore or like that --he was burning his fellow students with this scam.

is'nt our technological evolution wonderful.

Bushart

And what's really sad with all this, is that when these lowlife are caught & charged, the courts probably just turn them loose with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, and off they go with all OUR hard earned money still in THEIR pocket.

I think until something seriously changes in our court system (REAL punishment) there is absolutely no deterrent for these types of crimes.

Unfortunately the jails are already full . . . . non violent offenders, even after thousands of taxpayer dollars are spent prosecuting them, will get to plead 'guilty' to one or 2 of dozens of charges, get sentenced to 50 hours 'community service,' that never gets done. Or get 6 months probation . . . and no probation officer to report to. When dishonesty pays as well as it does . . . what incentive is there to work?

And what's really sad with all this, is that when these lowlife are caught & charged, the courts probably just turn them loose with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, and off they go with all OUR hard earned money still in THEIR pocket.

I think until something seriously changes in our court system (REAL punishment) there is absolutely no deterrent for these types of crimes.

With the more harmful e-fraud perpetrators, the banks don't want them in jail. They make a deal with the bank to stay quiet, plead guilty, and get a suspended sentence. Better than having their knowledge shared with other criminals. What do you do when his tricks are taught to a dozen other guys?

Yea I got nailed a couple years ago. Apparently a Garage store was stealing the Debits in Wasaga Beach. This creep, you could follow his Transactions along the 400 stopping at dozens of gas stations purchasing cartons of cigarettes we figured, because surely he would of maxed out on gas.

I got nailed right around Christmas. I got a letter from Dell about some stuff sold to me but delivered to a Montreal address. I thought it was just a foulup.. Until I got my CC bill. They got my account for about 4K. MBNA says they will take care of it, charges from Barcelona, Venice (places we visited 3 years ago but didn’t use the card. I figure it was internet related as I only use that card for internet purchases. I think Dell is screwed, delivering to a person who is not the cardholder at an address that is not the cardholder. It could have been worse there was over 1K in pending transactions that got caught in time. Trouble is if they catch anyone just another slap on the wrist.