work jobs work jobs

walleyemaster

I work as a Technical Sales Rep.Selling supplies for the Printing industry.

Chemicals and Rubber blankets for presses.

Plates for prepress and Electronics.

Wide Format Equipent for posters banners,billboards and supplies for the machinery.

I worked in the printing trade for 13 yrs now 9yrs in sales 22 yrs in the business.

What I like most is I work for the only privately owned Graphic Arts Supplier in canada.

www.ernestgreen.com

MTP

Worked as an Estimator/Project/Contracts Manager for both ICI and Residential construction for the last 6 years. Due to the recent downturn in new home sales, I was laid off in November and have been doing small reno's on the side. Still looking for a job in the construction industry but upcoming trips to Russia and Southern US have hindered the process.

Graduated with an diploma in Arch. Tech, and I am now currently back in school to get a degree in Civil Engineering. Education never hurts. Also in the process of becoming Building Code Qualified (2 exams left) and getting my Real Estate License. In the next few months I will be starting to train in EnerGuide so when the 2011/12 Building Code is released I will be one step ahead....hopefully.

HH, if you know of any construction jobs in the GTA shoot me a PM.

ever see those guys working on the side of high rise buildings on swing stages? good chance it might have been me as we work everywhere from sarnia to toronto. ;)

any chance you are working at 5140 Yonge st ? Been workers on site for a while removing signange and working on glazing on the 25 th floor?

TB

Well Im a qualified Quantity Surveyor, working towards my chartership. Not quite sure you have QS's out there but its similar to a Constrution Estimator or Cost consultant.

Im currently looking for work now in Toronto, as soon as I have a firm offer, Ill be on that plane to come and join you all haha.

Sheet metal worker, local 397 in Thunder Bay. Currently working on a $2 million retrofit for an Ontario Government building here. I have a rather large role in this project as I was the estimator and am now the project foreman. Stressful but rewarding at the same time. 7 short years to go before I get paid to fish full time. :thumbsup_anim:

I have the best job in the world. I drink, I sing, I dance and party with a great bunch of people and at the end of the night I get paid. Three nights a week for five hours a night, I'm a karaoke jockey. It's my retirement thing.

In the past, I've been in trucking, logging, mining, road and bridge construction, house construction, roofing and a few other things. Been interesting and I've enjoyed almost all as long as I didn't stay long enough to get bored. Always hated office work.