Lady Simcoe Was Good To Me Today

Aaron Shirley

Fished with a friend of mine Mitch today off BBP and did well. We walked out and fished the hard edge, but got nothing. Didn't see much on sonar but bait. We walked out 2 miles into the lake and did well there in over 100'. It was a long hard walk, but worth it.

We went 6 for 9, got there late and left early. All on the small Williams ice spoon and shiners on the tip ups. Lakers were between 3 and 6lbs, no biggies. Whities eluded me today.

Innisfil Bait and Tackle has awesome 4" emerald shiners, $5. for a liberal dozen.

It was recommended that I do not drive out there, as the ice is unstable for vehicles in that area. Oh well, it was good excercise!

Will post pics after Sat., I will be going back again Sat morning. Hope to see some of you there!

Good fishing!

Aaron

It was like being on an episode of "Survivorman" with Les Stroud.

Aaron said after the first hour of fishing that we should go on a 2 mile walk (Death Hike) out to the "ZONE". Always being game to catch fish I said sure let's do it! He warned me that it's going to be a challenge. I really did not believe him. Wow was I foolish!!!!! Hiking out there with a sled full of Ice Fishing Equipment, a Clam, my Camera Equipment and 2 Monster Smoke Meat Sandwiches felt like pulling a fully loaded Ford F-150 with a full size family inside. But once we hit the zone Aaron went into action and we started crushing Lakers. We did not catch anything gigantic but he had a blast running for the Tip-Ups and having fish follow our Spoons for minutes at a time from 100 feet upto 50 feet. This was one of my first times out Ice Fishing and I was really surprised how much technique was involved. Being a novice I had over 12 fish follow my spoon but only got one to actually take a swipe at it.

Here are a couple of pictures from the day.

Aaron's First Fish of the Day!

_DSC1227.jpg

Aaron's First Tip-Up Fish

_DSC1230.jpg

My First Lake Simcoe Laker

_DSC1243.jpg

Aaron KING OF THE LAKERS

_DSC1234.jpg

Aaron "MAKER A GIANT LAKER" for me

_DSC1237.jpg

Thanks again for a great day on the hard water buddy!