egg shells

coreyL

I used to fish a hut in simcoe where the guy was a cook in a cafeteria so we had all kinds of shells down there. I agree, it's not food it's just an attractant. I don't know if it helped or not but I think anything you can do to give you an edge is helpfull.

some people do the crushed eggshell trick as a way to cover the bottom with a light colour to make it easier to see down the hole if there are fish swimming under the hole.

We did that when I was a kid in Manitoba. In the 60's. The days before fish-finders and underwater cameras.

I have done it the odd time. The idea is to dribble a few small pieces into the hole every once in a while as a visual attractant. They will flutter on the way down. As to covering a patch on the bottom with them to improve visability , this I think is not a good idea. Fish instinctively avoid light coloured bottoms so that preditors will have less of a chance at spotting them.

i have been using egg shells for years often for speckle trout when looking down the hole when cleaning a few we have found shells in their stomachs. and when fishin wallies on lake nipissing i use them for the sole purpose of an attractant a bright white area on a sand flat helps me outfish buddies all the time i still have not told them what i'm sliding down the pipe.

Do the shells slowly flutter down. If so your flasher will be useless until they are all on bottom. A firend had heard that you could use oatmeal to attract crappies to your hole. Well he spent about 1/2 hours with his Vex that looked like a XMas tree all lit up.t