Slowdown here in Niagara

bigugli

Not much of a report. The bite has slowed down somewhat. That being said, we still don't get to wear the white stripe.

So me and my buddy Bill got out for 2 outings. Fish just sucking on the minnows. No solid bites.

There seems to be a big upswing in smelt #'s this year and they do a lot of hook robbing. The good side is they attract pike.

DSCN2308.jpg

DSCN2310.jpg

Of course, I can always find these

DSCN2311.jpg

No fishing over the weekend. Not well enough to get out the past 2 days.

Instead.

Some good ole home cooking. A big pot of stew with a couple of fresh baked loaves of bread to soak up all that gravy.

DSCN2312.jpg

DSCN2313.jpg

There wasn't enough drippings left for the dogs to lick up after the family had their fill :D

you guys been doing so much fishin over there if you drill any more holes you will have that whole area opened up pretty soon :lol:

looks like a good pot of stick to your ribs, belly warming food to take the chill off when you got home, it's been freekin cold, was out in the boat with Dan yesterday afternoon for some trout action, stopped off for a couple casts after we got back to the dock and everything was insta-frozen big time.....opted to stay warm today.

I am going to have to get out there with you guys soon, and you are going to have to get out in the boat with me if it ever gets above -10 out :Gonefishing:

you guys been doing so much fishin over there if you drill any more holes you will have that whole area opened up pretty soon :lol:

looks like a good pot of stick to your ribs, belly warming food to take the chill off when you got home, it's been freekin cold, was out in the boat with Dan yesterday afternoon for some trout action, stopped off for a couple casts after we got back to the dock and everything was insta-frozen big time.....opted to stay warm today.

I am going to have to get out there with you guys soon, and you are going to have to get out in the boat with me if it ever gets above -10 out :Gonefishing:

The temperatures are really hard on the boat and motor right now. Day temps have got to come up 5 degrees.

It's so cold that every new hole will fully freeze out in 2 days.