Daytona Florida Fishing

Seaweed

You can fish off the beach. Go early before all the people or find a quiet part. Get a rig from a local fish store and about 3 ounces for weight. Use shrimp for bait. You will get pampano and a bunch of other stuff. As soon as you see the dolphins you might as well leave because the fish will.

You can try fishing 3 rods at once.

In the lakes within the track at the daytona raceway there are lots of bass but good luck getting on them.

Go to google maps and type in Daytona beach fishing. My fav is the full day party boat. easy on the pocket book at $100 a guy and you do catch lots of sea bass and snapper with a good shot at a few grouper. If there's only 2 of you call down and see if any of the charter boats have a split trip. That's were another small party is booked and will allow another small group to go out and split the full charter cost.

Critter Fleet is right at the pass and has a decent party boat set up. If you do the party boat get there early so you can take a spot at the very back of the boat for fishing. A muskie rod set up is all you need for this fishing. Pick up weights and bait rigs down there.

Easiest thing for saltwater would be the party boats. Pastime Princess runs out of Daytona. Basic charter is $69 a head.

http://www.pastimeprincess.com/

Almost every pond or hole holds bass and pannies if you're looking at freshwater. A lot of public stocking down there. 3 day license, freshwater, is $17. Remember Florida and Georgia are big sticklers on their regs, and much of their budgets are covered by fines.

Try fishing off the piers...My bro-in-law and I picked up a couple of medium/heavy rod and reel combos at Wal Mart along with some pyramid sinkers (various sizes depending on the strength of the tides), some sinker sliders, salt water hooks, fluoresent leader material and some swivels...

We saved about $6 a trip by having our own tackle and not having to rent from the shop on the pier...just paid admission and cost of some frozen shrimp...(watch out the birds don't steal them)...No fishing license required...you never know what you will catch...sea trout, whiting, catfish, black and red drum (redfish)...there are usually a couple of circular nets on long ropes if you hook sumpin' big... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Beans

• 1 month later...

Well Florida was everything I thought it would be... maybe a little colder than I thought but... :?

Here are some shots of a bass outing that the wife and I booked on a little Lake Cecile near Kissimee. The guide was great and overall we fished shiners but I did throw out a lipless crankbait and spinnerbait and caught fish on all methods.

No real monsters caught... but numbers of fish was great. :wink:

Nice Florida Bass

flabass.jpg

Spinnerbait Bass

flabass13.jpg

My wife's big bass

flabass5.jpg

Double Header

flabass8.jpg

I would recommend this to anyone heading down there.... our guide only charged us half-price for the charter too.