WOW Gas going up 10 cents

holdfast

This guy hasn't seen a tax he doesn't like.

Was that a pun? He's legally blind right?

patterson5.jpg

Are you talking about this guy?

It's been done already:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIbQCi8C1dE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIbQCi8C1dE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIbQCi8C1dE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by jonnybass

Yah if you can call 22 to 52% income taxation Free ! Some get it free.. but we won't go there....

I realize you pay high taxes in Canada but we also do in NYS.

Our new Governor wants to ADD another 135 NEW fees and taxes this year alone. Our property taxes are the HIGHEST in the nation and so is our sales tax. It cost me $300 per MONTH for my taxes on a home I outright own.

Just one example of Paterson's new nit wit taxes........... tax on non-diet soft drinks. This guy hasn't seen a tax he doesn't like........Oh BTW, he wants to make it easier to get on welfare, like no more personal interviews or finger prints. Ya, great idea, didn't they learn from years ago that there were MANY caught living in NC and having their NYS welfare checks forward to them by relatives.

Now you got me started...........

SORRY about the rant....

Go catch a fish and be happy. :)

Edited by Billy Bob

I hear ya Billy Bob... I guess you'd really hate the $1100 a month I'm forking out for property tax here in Penetang....on a gravel road! :wallbash: That reminds me.. I've got some appeals to write to MPAC... :angry:

The cheapest gas I saw in my travels on the weekend... Smiths Falls was only 60.7 cents a litre !!

Edited by irishfield

Personally I'm tired of people whining about the gas prices. There is nothing you can do about them. Many factors control prices. Quit whining and walk or take public transit, or boycott. Having said that here are some tips:

Here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every liter....

Only fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your liter is not exactly a liter. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline product plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping... All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation, unlike service stations.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up!! Most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.

I got to admit that I do whine about gas prices. Because I know that we are getting Robbed. I know that the Speculaters and the Gas Companies are in Bed togeather. What I also know is that the Governments in Canada if they (want) can do someting about it. Its our (Canadas) Resource don't forget.

Maybe why you can tell me why the big jump. Remember also, Albertas and Saskatchewans economy will prosper if gas goes up. But the reality is that I travel a distance to work and pleasure and there is nothing that kills my pocketbook than the price of gas. Oh yea, then there is the fallout for food prices. Thanks for the tips though. Im not argueing just discussing why the Big hike. Now crude took a big hit.

Guest lundboy
What I also know is that the Governments in Canada if they (want) can do someting about it. Its our (Canadas) Resource don't forget.

Sorry,

What you THINK is that they are Canada's resources. Actual fact is that many decades ago they were signed over via U.N. treatise. Same with some of our heritage parks and monuments to UNESCO under a program called UNESCO World Heritage http://whc.unesco.org/en/list. What this list doesn't show are many pieces of land that are listed as targets for sustainable development which encompasses a good deal of any area inhabited with wildlife.

It is a perpetuated myth that resources are owned by the country that they reside in, same that the "tax payer" thinks they own their home when they have paid it off.

We own our own oil fields no more than Iraq, Iran, Saudi, or the U.S. owns theirs.

Edited by lundboy

The following is a Public Service Announcement:

Due to the recent economic crisis,

stock market crash,

bank failures,

budget cuts,

rising unemployment,

Government Turmoil

unstable world conditions,

outsourcing of business to foreign lands,

the hysterical cost of insurance, electricity, petroleum, housing,

and taxes of all kinds,

the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Actually though..we're all in this mess together. Therefore a Big Change is obviously needed to ensure our future.

Improvise, adapt & overcome is the key.

USA Goverment & all world powers know we have plenty of alternative power/fuel sources..the trick is to get off of Fossil fuels.

Solar,wind,hydrogen,electro-magnetic,batteries,tidal power etcetera.

It's is all waiting to be used & implemented.

I look forward to positive alternatives that ensure my great-great Grand children have a nicer Planet than I had.

Don't just Pray for help..get involved.

Car-pooling,public transit,Sharing & caring is all it takes.......

Peace.

Only fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your liter is not exactly a liter. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline product plays an important role.

A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

Actually pumps do compensate for temperature fluxuations. The pumps actually state that right on them that they are volume corrected to 15 degrees celcius.

Also, I don't believe that the underground temperature fluxuates significantly through-out the day. Air temperature and the surface temperature will warm up through the day. However, the temperature 20 feet down isn't going to change much.

Actually though..we're all in this mess together. Therefore a Big Change is obviously needed to ensure our future.

Improvise, adapt & overcome is the key.

USA Goverment & all world powers know we have plenty of alternative power/fuel sources..the trick is to get off of Fossil fuels.

Solar,wind,hydrogen,electro-magnetic,batteries,tidal power etcetera.

It's is all waiting to be used & implemented.

I look forward to positive alternatives that ensure my great-great Grand children have a nicer Planet than I had.

Don't just Pray for help..get involved.

Car-pooling,public transit,Sharing & caring is all it takes.......

Peace.

:clapping::clapping::clapping: