True Jumbo Perch

Clampet

What is the Ontario record weight for a perch?

2.42 lbs, 15.13 inches long, 12.13 inch girth. Caught in Lake Erie March 2003.

http://www.ofah.org/FishResources/index.cf...=7&RecID=46

One fat perch! My buddy caught this one last year at the bottom end of Cooks Bay in March.

BigHonkinPerch1.jpg

We figured it was around 14 1/2" as it was longer than the claw hammer I have in my box of crap I take out with me.

PB

haven't been in a few years but Port Bruce on Erie turns out some great size yellow perch ...heavy one pounders galore....i bet the 2.25 came from there...

back then there weren't bows in the lake like they are in there now ...and the eyes were far and few between.....

Too bad it wasn't you that caught it eh slackard? ;)

I'm as useless as "__________" since my durn lower back went out about 8 days ago.

I went to Lebarron's the other day, got out of the car, tried to stretch it out, but was so sore I got back in the car and drove back home. Couldn't even go in the store to walk around. :stretcher:

I'm as useless as "__________" since my durn lower back went out about 8 days ago.

I went to Lebarron's the other day, got out of the car, tried to stretch it out, but was so sore I got back in the car and drove back home. Couldn't even go in the store to walk around. :stretcher:

Seems like as good as an excuse to hit Granny's "medicine" to me!!! :devil::blink:

Big fish; I'd like to think it was released, although it looks a little frosty in the pics. Perch get no respect, poor little buggers. I might be tempted to eat it too but if one in every thousand perch reach that size (I doubt that many) I would imagine returning it to the waterbody would be the right thing to do. Although I could be completely wrong.

Big fish; I'd like to think it was released, although it looks a little frosty in the pics. Perch get no respect, poor little buggers. I might be tempted to eat it too but if one in every thousand perch reach that size (I doubt that many) I would imagine returning it to the waterbody would be the right thing to do. Although I could be completely wrong.

Pretty sure all perch that size should be eaten, although I could be completely wrong as well.