Results from The Gulp Alive - Fish Fry Tryout?

Leecher

Well guys finally gave the Gulp Alive Fish Fry a go today...... The plan was for Paul aka Whitespinnerbait and I to head out to McLaurin bay and try to entice the pannies to take our offerings while watching over our still lines..... temps was @ -8C with no winds, bright and sunny.... Left home at 1:00pm, had to make a detour to get a dozen minnows.... got there at 1:30pm, to our surprise, the Bay was full of anglers and ATV's racing around.... had a hard time deciding were to go. Met Andrew at the entrance, a local guy that fishes the bay on softwater but never tried hard water before.... very cool guy and knowledgeable B)

Got to our spot and setup right away and was in 10 to 15 fow. Rigged 3 of my tipups with live minnows and so did Paul.... Here a pic of mine

IMGP1705.jpg

Did not take long, got my first perch jigging and just couldn't believe that I would get a strike that soon :w00t:

Here is a pic of it and the rig I was using....

IMGP1702.jpg

We caught around 15 - 20 of them in a spawn of 2 hours and that's not counting the ones that tried to take the minnows on our tipups B)

Here is the results of the ones I caught.... nothing big but lots of them

IMGP1699.jpg

IMGP1700.jpg

IMGP1703.jpg

IMGP1704.jpg

IMGP1706.jpg

IMGP1708.jpg

IMGP1709.jpg

IMGP1711.jpg

IMGP1713.jpg

IMGP1714.jpg

The big brute that Paul caught

IMGP1710.jpg

and mine

IMGP1707.jpg

and Andrew, his first fish on ice ever, WTG Andrew :clapping:

IMGP1701.jpg

The pike and bass were no where to be found but manage to catch this guy

IMGP1712.jpg

Fish fry out numbered the live bait 20 to 2 and I will use it again for sure.... That's stuff is lethal and really works... once fish bites.... it won't let go B)

Andrew and I manage a couple of double headers near the end and that was awesome..... the tipups did get some action but we weren't successfull at landing them, only got our minnows ripped off after setting the hook :wallbash:

Thanks Paul and Andrew for a great couple hours of fishing on ice :canadian:

Was real nice meeting you Andrew and fun watching you get your first fish on hard water B)

Hope you enjoy

Until next time

Jacques aka Leechman

P.S. RICH I think I have the answer to your question yesterday.... that stuff really works :canadian: Give it a go if you can buy it locally :D

HOLY MOLY PAN FISH FRENZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a sun fish BONUS! :thumbsup_anim:

2 bad the pike werent cooperating!

what were the size of the minnow???

must have been funny to fish @ the same time that a truck was sticking out of the bay! HAHAHAHA

maybe the oil and the gas SPOOKED the fish awaY!

what area did you fish jaques???

keep those dead minnows for our WHITE FISH outting ! :ph34r::ph34r:

Good stuff! I actually picked some up yesterday as luck would have it.. can't wait to test it myself!

Thanks Rich.... I'm sure you'll have a blast with those... report back on your results

HOLY MOLY PAN FISH FRENZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a sun fish BONUS! :thumbsup_anim:

2 bad the pike werent cooperating!

what were the size of the minnow???

must have been funny to fish @ the same time that a truck was sticking out of the bay! HAHAHAHA

maybe the oil and the gas SPOOKED the fish awaY!

what area did you fish jaques???

keep those dead minnows for our WHITE FISH outting !

Thanks Kev.... You know me, medium size always ;)

I forgot to mention the truck that had sunken throught the ice and it's front end sticking out. I should of taken a pic :wallbash: I think you can see it in the pic with my big perch... there's a couple of ATV's, top righ hand corner, next to my head.

We were fishing in the same spot as last week..... there's an ice shack real close now

Paul has the minnows and will be freezing them for the whities

perch bonanza...... :clapping: .

you sher found the perch spot.

some nice ones to.wow.

great report bud.

joco

Thanks Joco.... I though I'd see you there today since there was a lot of people. May be next time :thumbsup_anim:

My favorite eating fish, Perch. Tell mre how the sunfish tastes in comparison

Thanks holdfast.... sorry but I can't tell you.... all fish were released today. They had parasites on them and for that, don't keep'em

Great report and pics Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Those Perch may not be real big, but they look real healthy!

Looks like a fun day for sure!!! :canadian:

Thanks Glen.... That was a lot of fun today trying a new product and seeing results. The one that Paul caught was the biggest and a handfull :thumbsup_anim: