CRAPPIE ON FIRE AT THE BOG

T Fisher

Fished the Bog today for slab Crappies and put 33 on the ice from 3:45pm to 6ish. They were on fire for two hours then down to one every 15 minutes. We had a big crack and a bang it sounded like it was just behind us, the ice was making more ice that seemed to spook the fish. We fished in 11 ft of water with green weeds that did the trick as the small perch were in abundance with the odd Walleye hovering on bottom. The fish were taken on 1/8th oz white Crappie jig add a maggot and fish @ 5ft over 11 and fill your bucket.

P. S. of the 33 Crappie 9 were in the 14inch range.

what is this ,,crappy bog?

great to here the bog is having a great start in 'o9,, by the sounds of it. 14in. slabs are very impressive, then hit 9 of 'em,, decent.

great heads-up ,tips a plus.

btw,, congrats.

Edited by waterwolf

That`s great you guys keep haulin that crap out of the lake, the Walleye guys are grateful.

When the fish are active during the year I can't think of any other fish that looks as exciting/beautiful as a Crappie leaping out of cover to ambush a bait.

forrest

When the fish are active during the year I can't think of any other fish that looks as exciting/beautiful as a Crappie leaping out of cover to ambush a bait.

forrest

I can`t think of anything more depressing than watching Crappie slurp up Walleye fry in the spring so keep hauling Crappie out of the lake.

Thank-you