X-Raps...decisions on color

MCTFisher9120

Ok so we have all have read alot about rapala's these past 2 weeks so lets narrow it down to 1 specific lure. The rapala x-rap slashbait. Going to be shopping at walmart and i'm adding 2, maybe 3 more Xraps to the box regardless. Walmart will not have every colour there, so i'm taking what is available, aside from the colors i already have what are some productive colors that have worked well with this particular lure.

Colors i have:

Clown,gold,and olive green. A must color that i will get will be the purple ghost color(providing it's there)

Thanks for any suggestions :D

Looking at getting XR10's, fishing for small & large mouth bass.

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I've always done well with either perch or the silver/blue with the orange belly. Gold/black too - but looks like you've got it.

It's supposed to be a decent pattern, but I've got a husky jerk in clown that's been in my box for about 5 years. I make a conscious effort to get it wet every once in a while, because I'm pretty sure it has yet to catch anything lol.

I have one in bright orange (x-rap) that's been in there for 2 years as well. It has one OOS smallie and one northern to it's credit. That's it. The freakin' rock bass won't even eat it.

i have a tackle box with around 50-60 xraps in every size and colour. for smallies up here in the sault i found the #6 white/blue,pink,and clown xshad raps, and the #8 white xrap did the best. different lakes can be different. i suggest a few different colours and sizes and it can change throughout the day. i find xraps to be the best lures out there, they have turned my fishing world upside down. the only species of fish i didnt try with them is specks. take a look at the new suresets with the new colours!

Edited by pike slayer