My off season Project

holdfast

I asked a Home Theatre question a while ago and settled for the RCA 250 Watt sold at CT on sale $119. Tried it today and I got to say I'm satisfied for what I want it for. Underneath the Stairwell. Thanks to Cmtt ( thanks Cliff for the insperation last season) with his outboard mount last year I got back to my handyman ways. I admit I'm not that good. So keep your professionalism to yourselves. This is for the non Handyman or weekend warrior. Here is a couple of Pics

Your looking at the entrance to a 4.5' by 7.5' stairwell room with the fuse box. Underneath the stairs itself there is a couple of extra feet. What I built is a tiny studio room. A real Man Cave. I built a cabinet out of 3/4 plywood and painted it red. ( No Danbo, its not really pink.) Threw a carpet in and my Cd's.

PC200002_01.jpg

As you enter to the right is the stair well. I covered the unfinished wall with painted peg board and built some shelves. Great for my hats and books/mags. The cabinet has my extra fishing gear stored.

PC200003_01-1.jpg

Underneath the stairwell I built a wheeled storage bin which also suffices as a back wall with a littler bit of Paint and OSB

PC200004_01-1.jpg

This picture shows the cabinet wheeled out. I thought of putting a bed there, then I shook my head.

PC200005_01.jpg

Now for the reason. I got a cheap TV for a Monitor. ( found it in the Garb with a note saying DVD player NS but TV works) My home theatre, and cheap CD Radio

PC200006_01-2.jpg

It's to help mellow him Jack... all part of the grand plan!

Looks like a great place to hide HF... is it cement reinforced on the outer walls?

aha, I get it out now.....when the wife asks.." hey what are you up to?", you have it all covered, it looks exactly like you are making a place for "her", but you cleverly take forever to get it done, when she hounds you about it, you can say it's taking so long because you want it to be just perfect for her. You are a genius, :thumbsup_anim: and it comes with a built in the secret roll out cubby / beer cooler :worthy:

Edited by jwl