Mitchell's Bay Lake St. Clair Ready to fish!!!

Reel Nauti Pirate

I would not be to to fast walking around out there as I know for a fact that the ice they found is not like that all across that is not to smart to tell people how safe it is when the local police are still warning people about the unsafe ice.

I know some who have been fishing for more then a week and they are still finding 2" spots so if you take there advice I can only tell you to walk with your spud and make it THUD.

I would not be to to fast walking around out there as I know for a fact that the ice they found is not like that all across that is not to smart to tell people how safe it is when the local police are still warning people about the unsafe ice.

I know some who have been fishing for more then a week and they are still finding 2" spots so if you take there advice I can only tell you to walk with your spud and make it THUD.

Just which locals? I live as close to Mitchell's Bay as you do, and unlike you I took the time to walk out there drill a lot of holes, measured them, talk to almost everyone who was fishing, and make a video of it... the ice is almost entirely uniform at 4.5" + every where we checked. It is easy to be an arm chair ney sayer but I suspect this is just sour grapes from you for being banned on our board. Merry Christmas Mike. :canadian:

PS: Mike is correct, walk and carry a Spud on any early ice.

Just which locals? I live as close to Mitchell's Bay as you do, and unlike you I took the time to walk out there drill a lot of holes, measured them, talk to almost everyone who was fishing, and make a video of it... the ice is almost entirely uniform at 4.5" + every where we checked. It is easy to be an arm chair ney sayer but I suspect this is just sour grapes from you for being banned on our board. Merry Christmas Mike. :canadian:

There was no attack towards you or your board I just wanted to point out that there is un safe ice out there and did not want to here of people find some of the soft ice and then blame you for that.

Sorry you feel that way but I just was pointing out that the Local police still tell us to stay off the ice adn remind them to use there spud.

Not to open a can of worms here.... but why was MrEh banned from your board¿ he is a long standing member here and has been a decent contributor to our forum... I have met the man and shook his hand.. He is decent people, from what I could gather....

Soooo... your little skunked.ca website needs more hits or what?.... plan on going the way of muskystriker??? So many think they can become OFC..... only to be SLAPPED back to reality...

I personally laughed my ass off when I was banned from a so called "private site" Seems they also hold a "private G2G" at a resort we have been using for years, infact from the beginning...

A father and son duo infact... LOL!

I signed up under a false name just to see if I would be accepted... guess what.... I was'nt and I never made a post! LOL..

This "private board" knows who they are...

Anyways I hope skunked.ca does well with their video taping of ice thickness.... perhaps Environment Canada can use your skills of wielding a tape measure....

Best,

G.

There are no sour grapes towards your site why dont you tell everyone here why I was banned as I know alot of people here would love to here it.

I did not use that site much at all other then to talk with a few friends in Sarnia so there is no loss there I can do it here and on other sites. I dont need the attitude I was getting there from a few not after the attacks that were allowed to go on until I defended my self then I was kicked out LOL. Heck that is even after you commented on how much you liked my posts with the detail I gave from family outings.

I would love to here the real reason you have for it or do you not know why he (you know who) wanted me gone but just did as one member asked LOL.

Hope you had a good turn out from what I read today there was alot of people who backed out I hope it turned out good for ya any hard feeling are coming from the other end not mine I don't have enough time for them.

mr eh. taking the hi road is the right way to go. glad you took it. with todays winds gusting to 60 kliks, no ice would be safe. st clair is still mostly open. mitchells is froze but with whiteouts and below zero temps, i headed for my freezer instead.. and yes the moderating on the OFC board is professional. thats why this site is very sucessfull.

I would say that Mr Eh knows his waters about as well as anyone ... and (especially when its early in the season) ... there is no excuse for ignoring the advice of police and local experts ... lets not have any bad news stories ... especially those that can be avoided with a little prudence !