Sports Pal, rewards of fishing from a canoe

knightfisher

Fishing from a canoe really has it's advantages.

You can get into almost any water. Go where

the big boats can't go.

The scenery is just fantastic at times.

Experience wild life like you would not believe.

One of the most spectacular times was when

Tom and I were in a small back bay and all of

a sudden tens of thousands of minnows just

started jumping out of the water all around us

as far a we could see.

Some pics from a few outings this year.

babyswan.jpg

Vsmallie.jpg

DSCN1663.jpg

bassss.jpg

piky1.jpg

DSCN1729.jpg

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1826.jpg

JPGtm1JPG.jpg

anyguesses-1.jpg

nice pics there. I have had many successful fishing trips in canoes and love them for their ease of use and stealth appeal. It's true that they can be taken many spots other boats either can't go or don't want to risk. The pic of the culvert is cool.

I have been fishing from Sportspals for almost 20 years. Just recently I have converted to kayak fishing. One of my fishing buddies has two of them. I prefer the squareback or transom models because they allow more customization and seat upgrades as well as give you more room. Here are a few picks of my Sportspal adventures from 2008.

shipships.jpg

boys.jpg

launch1.jpg

myboat.jpg

caesarea.jpg

3877100_1100.JPG

manna.jpg

cartop.jpg

shipdog.jpg

Go Team Sportspal

logo.jpg

Had to do a little digging to find it, but here it is. The biggest fish that has been caught in my Sportspal. My brother, Joonmoon, with his 41" musky caught on opening day at Sturgeon lake a few years ago.

897706sturg5.jpg

We should do a Sportspal GTG next year, maybe at a conservation area where the gas burners won't spoil the peace and quiet.

some great testimonies to a great canoe via the camera. my first intro to the sportspal was with a buddy on sparrow .he's 6 foot and stood up and casted with some umph with a baitcaster,, i did the same . two adults standing ,, casting from a canoe . knew then i would own one very soon. nothing short of incredible.

it's so wide it comes with oars not paddles ,and like some of the previous photos suggests has a modification to house a sail. this craft is unsinkable and only weighs about 3olbs .

my first blue pike from that trip.

Edited by waterwolf

• 2 weeks later...

They are over $1000 new, so I would expect around $500. Just guessing. You can get the little 11.5' pointed at both ends canoe used for around $300 if you keep an eye on your local classifieds, kijijji, or pennysaver. Chances are when most people decide to sell, friends or family usually snatch them up first.

• 1 month later...
Standing and casting is no problem Golfisher, the bottom of a Sportspal is flat. This is the same reason it stops gliding the second you stop paddling.

LOL -- too true...it's where most cartoon animators get their ideas from :lol: