BEST SCHOOL PROJECT EVER!!!!!!!!!

MarcusDiGiovanni

Hey everyone, I just thought i'd let you know about my crazy stroke of luck! :thumbsup_anim: . last Wednesday, I was sitting in Geography as ussual when my teacher mentioned CPT's ( cummulative Progressive Task). It's a BIG project that you do at the end of the semester for each class and for me its worth 10% of my mark. Anyways, each person in the class is assigned a province with a topic to go along with it, then we have to wright a 3 page essay in some university format. I lucked out and managed to get British Columbia Fisheries. It's crazy, for once im actually excited to do a project. Man I don't know what I would have done if I would have had to do Nunavut, or newfoundland and some boring topic like climate or somthing. anywho this will PROBABLY be my last post before Christmas, so I want to wish all fellow OFNCers a Merry Christmas :clapping::Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::rolleyes::canadian::lol::P:D:w00t:

Sorry I went a little wild with the emotions

Hey everyone, I just thought i'd let you know about my crazy stroke of luck! :thumbsup_anim: . last Wednesday, I was sitting in Geography as ussual when my teacher mentioned CPT's ( cummulative Progressive Task). It's a BIG project that you do at the end of the semester for each class and for me its worth 10% of my mark. Anyways, each person in the class is assigned a province with a topic to go along with it, then we have to wright a 3 page essay in some university format. I lucked out and managed to get British Columbia Fisheries. It's crazy, for once im actually excited to do a project. Man I don't know what I would have done if I would have had to do Nunavut, or newfoundland and some boring topic like climate or somthing. anywho this will PROBABLY be my last post before Christmas, so I want to wish all fellow OFNCers a Merry Christmas :clapping:

Sorry I went a little wild with the emotions

Yeah. What does Newfoundland know about fisheries anyway. :whistling:

Merry Christmas to you too, and happy essaying.

JF

cool.

Hope you don't mind some input that you might already have, hope it is useful. There was a clear and extensive study on Sea Otters as a keystone species out that way. There was a tight cycle between it, urchins and the kelp beds (fish like the kelp). It was well documented and clear:

http://mypage.direct.ca/r/rhsu/otters.html

With Regards,

forrest

Right on Marcus....

I'm in my 4th year at University and I take any chance I get to tie fishing into my studies. Being an Environmental Studies major its not too hard.

I just finished a paper and presentation on 'Informal natural resource management practices of remote lodge operators in Red Lake, Ontario. (aka: more conservative walleye and pike catch limits).

Heck...I did a research proposal last year that was titled something like: The relation between catch rates of rainbow trout and water clarity on the Lower Niagara River. Unfortunately I never got to test that one out.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to link issues revolving around recreational fishing with issues that are more dominant in society.

You're gonna need to refine that topic, but you should be able to write a 3000 essay in no time. Research should not be a problem as well. If need a hand brain storming or whatever give me a shout. I've done more then a few essays over the years lol. My last essay 4000 words on an Insect topic of my choice. I chose Aquatic Insect Assemblages and Individual Species as Indicators of Water Quality. I got 90% on it.

anyway good luck.

-R-

good for you. I once wrote an English essay on a bass tournament I entered and won when I was 17. I got an "A" on it. I also took a 400 level fisheries biology in university and my main project dealt with small and largemouth bass. Did well in that course too. It sure helps the ol' grades when you are actually interested in the topic.