New Minnow Dispenser

danbo

Wow ... 40 years of river fishin for Steelies ... I have never even tried a shiner ( I save those especially for through the ice lakers) ... the real problem for me would be to find live shiners anywhere near (or en route) to the tribs I fish ...

As for Ice fishin .. I like sticking my hand into the freezing water and chasing the liveliest ones around ... I am a strictly plastic-bag-inside-the-cooler-minna guy .... and I use my thermos cup to refresh the water right outa the lake ... I find the minnas love a little coffee-flavoured-heart-warmer on a chilly day just before the 'deep-dive'

I wear plastic underwear, fill 'em up with water and dump in a bunch a minnas. Quite tickly and keeps your minnows from freezing. Then try asking someone else on the stream to help you get a chub out of your pants

Ahahahahahaha, thanks for the chuckle this afternoon Roger. That was priceless :lol:

Joey

Personally I don't enjoy lugging around a bucket when I'm steelhead fishing.

You just sling this thing around your neck, works great!

(Don't worry Dave (JDMLS), I highly doubt there's going to be a rush of guys using minnows on the trib's because of this thread :) )

Try some salties. Easier to carry around, you can keep them in your vest forever, and they work just as good!! Your not the only one who has been using shiners for 25 yrs :whistling:

Sinker