Flasher's Which one to buy..

Curtis

Hi guys.

I was just wondering if i could get some feedback on what kind of flasher to purchase. I have my mind set on a vexlair but they are so exspensive. I am not looking to spend much more than $300 can i even get one for that price?? Anyways any help and advice would be greatly appreciated..

CT

You'll be hard pressed to get a new vex for $300. The FL8 is about $350 and they go up from there. Marcum is similarly priced as the vex's. The best markum is nearly $600.

The Humminbird ICE35 flasher is about $350

You can get this aquaview for $250 through cabelas Canada. It is not a flasher though, rather a vertical pixel graph but it is designed for ice fishing.

551784.jpg

Good luck.

Here is my advice......

Wait until you can put aside the $350 and get a Vexilar.

You will not be disappointed. I have the FL-8 model and have been using it for 3 year now.

It will change how you ice fish and also make you wonder how you ever fished without one before.

Meely

Does anyone have experiance with the bottom line fish finder. I am a little specticle of its design and how it works... I have never seen one in action that is why i ask.

I owned an old Bottom Line TBL 300 that I bought off of Karl Kalonka before he became rich and famous :whistling:

I believe it was a late eighties model. It functioned fairly well from 1994 to 2007. I have owned a couple of Eagles purchases brand new that did not last that long. The power cords did have tendancy to wear out but Bottom Line replaced them free of charge.

Overall, I would say that it was good unit with great service. I think they have been merged with Humminbird now.