Trip to Bass Pro Today

Fang

Well made the trip up to BPS this morning to pick up a couple more bags to hold the plano trays. To my much happy suprise I find tucked away amongst the hook aisle the new Mustad Slow Death hooks.

These simple worm hooks designed to spin a crawler just like a salmon flasher and fly. They've been the secret of the pro walleye tour for the last 2 years. I saw a bit of footage on them in the spring and figured to bend my own. Experimented with a few in temagami this summer and caught fish pretty consistent on windy points drifting.

For all you walleye guys, these are pretty neat and so simple it amazing nobody thought of it before. Ran a 3/16 brass sinker, ball bearing swivel and 6ft of 8 lb flouro to one of these hooks.

Oh yeah I bought a new turkey slate for next spring, gotta start practicing now.

They DO WORK!! I tried them on LOTW this past summer on a very slow hot sunny day and caught 4 walleye in 25 minutes or so, my father in law was lindy rigging to no avail.

They should not be called 'Slow Death', they should be called 'Killers'

Yes indeed they do work very well,and they really do have an awesome spin on them !!!! i have used them several times this year,and caught a few nice walleye on them....i also slide a soft glow bead on to the very top part of the hook shaft,just before the bend....it helps make it a little more visable,when its dragging through the dark weeds & bottom debris !!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: