checking out interst!

pike slayer

Ok i work at a custom outhouse making shop. we build them and install them. for the interiors we make them fiberglass, almost like a big bathtub. heres the website for the shop http://www.fitzpatrickindustries.com My buddy has this fiberglass sleigh for his sled for ice fishing. It was built by a guy from wawa that made sleighs, canoes, boats, etc. i cant find one for myself so i was thinking of building one like it maybe even make an actual mould of it. once a mould is made we can keep producing them over and over again. and i was thinking theres probably more guys out there that would love to have one. So i talked to my boss and he said there is zero market for them and hes tried to sell them in the past. well that was years ago and this is today and we have a great tool called the internet now. so im checking interest if anyone would like one. the price for one would be close to $300 unless theres tons of customers and we can start pumping them out prices would drop. let me know what you guys think!

pic of sleigh http://forums.fishontario.com/thread.jspa?threadID=32663

Well, not to discourage you, only wish the best for your endeavour, but, with todays economy, $300 is just a tad high, like Camp-it said there's a lot of others that can be had for a lot less. If it was for maybe $80-100, you may get some takers. There's so many variations of sleds available that it really takes an "improved" product to catch the eye. Then like you say, you have to sell a lot of them to make it worthwhile. I don't know if your model would be "armstrong friendly" ie, no sled or ATV to pull it, it may be just too heavy when the snow is too deep.

sled.jpg

something like that would be cool

I would like to see one that my portable hut could sit on, replacing the lid then I could put all my stuff in the sled the hut on top hook it to the snowmobile and away I go......

the top could be formed for the bottom of the hut to fit in snug

You'd be hard pressed to compete. Mid Ontario fiberglass (Scott Canoe) Produces at least one model if not two. I know the one is mostly a rescue toboggan but is used across the north for everything. Equinox produces a full line from plastic to fiberglass. Cosco has the Plastic Trailboggan on right now with a tongue for $269. I've had mine for over 10 yrs. You'd be competing with these two who mass produce. Just something to check out.

RR