New Fishing Record

Pete Maina

Hi OFNers,

Hope things are well with all here. Just finished our deer season and Thanksgiving here in WI ... soon prepping for ice - though it's actually been that "time" for a little while already. I just had to attach a photo here of my fiance with her first deer. Pretty neato deal ... had son Seth on the stand with her. Absolutely amazed when I heard the shooting start (my son is not quiet) ... found out later he was asleep when the deer came. :whistling:

I also have some interesting info that may be new to some: there is a new all-fishing record just out, by my friend - fishing musician Brian Schram - called "Rockin FishTales". Just recently released and can be had at band's site (info below) and my personal site (can hear muskie maniac song). For those of you who have watched John Gillespie's show and The Next Bite, Brian is the one that does the opening music for both. Neat deal as Brian did the muskie maniac song as a surprise for me ... then (actually while filming a show with Gillespie) thought to tell Brian he outta do a whole fishing record. Bass, catfish, pike, salmon ... and of course "skunked" songs.

Kinda neat to have a musician into fishing ... hopefully open a whole new demographic of younger folks to a great place: on the water.

http://www.schramband.com/news.aspx

Hope things are great.

Pete

Esther__s_buck_005_upl2.jpg

Huh? Roy? No pink, fuzzy hat for you? Weather outside is pretty cold my friend. Keep you warm ... darn good-lookin' too. (You grow lots of hair I don't know about?)

Maybe Marc will borrow you a kilt ... pink hat for a kicker ... great look.

If I get out that way this winter, hope you'll warm up some of that Caribou.

Yeah, you and Gillesp are quite the singing team. Say Roy, what the heck kinda beer was that you had in the fridge the last time there... Gillesp seemed to take a real liking to it.

Not enuf to wear pink eh ... a guy's gotta sleep :w00t:

We'll get one of those pink furry hats on you yet ... get a few photos.

Thanks Centerpin

Yeah, deer moving alright here, though numbers are down. We still had a pretty good season overall ... lots more wolf sign again this year in our area.

Hey TJ (Thanks for explanation on other thread ... understand best to lock).

So, what is it you're saying? ... not "what the heck's a great lookin' woman like that with you" - like I"m not worthy, is it? (You're right.)

Hey dude, while you're at it - ordering that CD - you should put in an order for pink hat for Roy too :w00t:

Pete

Hey dude, while you're at it - ordering that CD - you should put in an order for pink hat for Roy too :w00t:

Pete

I would have ordered one myself Pete but I think it's illegal to ship small pink wildlife cross border.

Thanks SMB,

She was so excited to get that deer, after trying the year before and having one chance to get a doe ... but an excited miss. Lots of hollering going on in the normally-quiet woods.

And yeah, album all fishing: muskie, pike, bass, king... catfish. Actually, it's a tossup between the catfish (bluesy) and "skunked" song as favs