Musky Fishermen, Naysayers, and Skeptics

Greencoachdog

Holy crap...this is unreal.

To the guy who caught it...... AWESOME JOB! No matter if its a record or not, WOW!

To the "negative" guys......... Suck it up, put your JEALOUSY aside and SHUT UP!

(Jealousy - typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety that occur when a person believes a valued relationship is being threatened by a rival.)

Man oh man....its like a dang children's nursery on this site sometimes. Yap, yap, yap.

Like the one guy said.... don't you guys ever fish??

If you spent a tenth of the time fishing as you do CHIRPING on here...maybe you too would catch a decent fish and be able to post about it!

If someone hands you a few thousand dollars of cash and you decide to count it....are you being negative?

If someone told me..."stop counting your being negative"....I would think the guy was trying to pull a fast one in this or some other transaction.

If someone wants me to buy 57 x 33 then I want to count. If they don't want me asking for a count then don't throw 57" x 33" out there.

people were posting "world record muskie"....I say "not so fast".

How much time and money are those muskie guys (especially guides) spending on equipment? A lot.

A few hundred dollars or more on a camera setup might make them money.....hey you get a video of the muskie you caught too....fish with me!

They could spend a bit of time on a proper muskie C&R station.....they live for muskie.

Credibility requires accounting within reason.

Credible statement on such a huge fish: The fish was over 50" and had a huge gut over 25".....time was short so accurate measurements were not possible.

There are several negative guys who are being negative by stating....there is no way to reach that level of credibility without killing the fish. (BTW: if your businesses inventory guy says something similar about your business assets you should fire him). The level of credibility is doable, stop being so negative.

forrest

He wasn't handing YOU the money. If I pulled out a wad of 5000 bucks in bills and you grabbed it from me and started to count it, I'd smack ya in the teeth!

He wasn't handing YOU the money. If I pulled out a wad of 5000 bucks in bills and you grabbed it from me and started to count it, I'd smack ya in the teeth!

LOL

Don't go around shouting you have $5000 in your pocket....its a sure way to get mugged.

If I was foolish enough to swipe $5000 bucks from you I think i would run before counting. I know what happened to that perch, it only took your bait:

DSC00190.jpg

Again you distort the facts but thats part of what you do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

-I compared the rumor of a world record muskie before the pic was posted to that of the sasquatch being found

-I edit a lot of responses immediately after posting to fix mistakes.....not later on to distort an argument. stop speculating with zero facts thats what trolls do.

-thats right...he is not making the claim on this board....he IS making the claim. Someone else is making the claim for them.

-Why would he not feel welcome? No one is calling him a liar......just the catcher of a monster.

forrest

Forrest' I originally posted about a rumour of a big fish being being caught the day before, at that time Ididn't know the fish had been released.I did not compare it to a world record,I was interested in the rumour because at 57x33 it should of been bigger than the current world record.

After reading all your comments on the various posts since then,I am left wondering what it was that got you so fired up in the first place.

GCD -- you guys were insinuating htat he was a liar before pics were even posted. Forrest compared it to sasquatch or the loch ness monster and was pretty empathic that this was all fiction.

I also notice that you have a remarkable # of comments that were edited after the fact. Wonder what you edited if you didn't say anything out of line?

I know it...

I'm so vile, I have to hold a gun to my head in the morning when I shave to keep from slitting my own throat! :angry:

Hi,

See the news of the monster is all over. I think awesome that he let it go and ... neat to see the release shots.

Can understand why folks would want precise measurements and possibly photos-of, as it is a fish of very significant caliber ... IMO it is over 60 lbs. quite certainly ... but release is release too. The whole idea of the decision is for the fish to survive the experience and thrive. Because of that, more measuring and photo documentation-of in the dark would significantly lengthen the process - and make the decision moot.

I've looked at lots of muskie photos (and lots that didn't seem quite right) ... it would seem to me it is what it is.

Great pic forrest ... love the red neks there too.

Pete

It would be cool if that fish had somehow been tagged with some kind of micro-something or other to be able to tell if it is caught again...even bigger. I always liked the line from the movie "Big Fish" where he says, "the biggest fish gets to be that way by never being caught". Makes you wonder what's out there. Releasing this fish will do more for the fishery than any record ever would.

Edited by Beats

Hi,

See the news of the monster is all over. I think awesome that he let it go and ... neat to see the release shots.

Can understand why folks would want precise measurements and possibly photos-of, as it is a fish of very significant caliber ... IMO it is over 60 lbs. quite certainly ... but release is release too. The whole idea of the decision is for the fish to survive the experience and thrive. Because of that, more measuring and photo documentation-of in the dark would significantly lengthen the process - and make the decision moot.

I've looked at lots of muskie photos (and lots that didn't seem quite right) ... it would seem to me it is what it is.

Great pic forrest ... love the red neks there too.

Pete

Hi Pete,

LOL

That pic the action angling guy/board member Rich doing some fine acting:

http://www.actionanglingtv.com/

I can think of at least 2 digital camera measurement tools that are relatively new ideas...modify them, test them, market them..... :blahblah1: I know its doable, your a man that could make it happen.

With Regards,

Mike

Hi Pete,

LOL

That pic the action angling guy/board member Rich doing some fine acting:

http://www.actionanglingtv.com/

I can think of at least 2 digital camera measurement tools that are relatively new ideas...modify them, test them, market them..... :blahblah1: I know its doable, your a man that could make it happen.

With Regards,

Mike

Pipe down forrest... yer stealin' all my abuse!!! :angry:

... go start yer own thread if you want some abuse!!! ;)

Hi,

Ha ha ... hey GCD ... certainly understand the desire to know exactly how big a fish like that is too.

Mike, great stuff ... love Rich's acting. Very interesting ideas you have there on the camera measurement tools. If it doesn't prolong anything, why not? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Agree Beats