jigging for bows!!

silvio

It all started when my dad came home from work a bit early. I asked him to head out knowing I wouldn't have much time on the water. We got down to the river to see all the ice and snow melted and the water a bit too off color for my liking. We walked to the pool and every minute that went by it would get darker and darker I committed 3/4 my time to pink worms. With no success and our time coming to an end I tied on a pink/ purple jig. A few cast in a tree clamed my hole setup. I retied and put on a hot pink jig 2 drifts in I say to my dad its getting late... Shortly after my float drops and I set into this nice fish. caught it on a jig I tied last night it really made my day. Shortly after releasing the fish we left.

HPIM0064-2.jpg

HPIM0070.jpg

Question for you guys out there who fish jigs. Have you ever noticed that a large majority of fish that hit pink jigs are male steelhead and majority of fish off white jigs are female?? This is a pattern that I have been noticing for the last few years. Maybe its just a weird coincidence.

I am going to look into this seems very interesting.

The lower is extremely hit or miss... Its very big water with nothing to stop these fish from migrating upstream but its worth a try. My buddy who lives up there is going to pm me with what the northern tribs are like he's been doing well up there. I might make the trip up this weekend if time allows me too.