Another day on the ice.....

iceslayer

Thought I'd try another pond this morning but to my surprise it was wide open. So I toured back to the firs spot. Same spot as 2 day's ago...4" of ice. Walked out about 20ft and it was just under 3". Decided to fish the 4"' ice (tough decision) and landed about 20 tiny bluegills and one perch.

The whole pond is completely covered and some crazy $%#%^r zipped accross on a snowmobile. We'll have to see what the next couple of day's will do to us..

Cheers boy's.

4inchspringwater1.JPG

firsticeblgl1.JPG

Edited by iceslayer

Excellent stuff Iceslayer, i'm with ya on deciding to stay on 4" :thumbsup_anim:

I know that guys fish on like 1 1/2".....i would not enjoy the fishing...i'd be $#%^%$# myself!

Some idiot went through the ice on a snowmachine here last winter.....i really never want to experience that.

My wife called me today at work(i'm still at work...working hard...lol) to tell me the ice has gone all slushy out the front of opur place :( . Its gone to 0 degrees here today...really sucks....but it should be working its way down to minus 25-30 at night by next weekend :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the report.

Stay safe

i'm envious....i still have to catch my first fish through the ice this 08-09 season!