First ice

iceslayer

2008firstice1.JPG2008firstice1.JPGWell I had to do it. I hit a local pond this morning (off the dock) in search of some first ice crappies. All I found were a couple of largemouth that came into the Vexilar screen like a rocket and smoked that little jig.. Did it ever feel great pulling the ice fishing equipment out.

Great day!

Cheers2008firstice1.JPG

WOOOOHOOOOOO! Excellent work Slayer....1st ice report....i'm overjoyed and jealous as hell....mmmmmmmmmmm....watching fish on screen through the ice.....absolutely fantastic!

i have lterally walked up from the ice ....inched my way out....i'm gonna take the auger down in a minute....see how much ice there is....lol...if ya dont here from me again...no i wont say it.

Top bit of improvisation there...off the dock...through the ice...stunning effort...and some fish to boot...did i say i was jealous?...lol...i think i did.

I'm gonna tie a rope round the tree....then round me.....ice picks at the ready...pdf firmly attached to me too...spud bar...well actually...not a spud bar but a random metal bar i had lying around...off i go.

Great report

thanks for sharing.

even though hunting is occupiing most of energy these days , i am definitely in the ice -day count-down . i'm very jealous . you have already iced your first fish. ,, incredible. nice surprise those bass were ,no doubt? pullin' pretty hard , nice slabs ,you were thinkin'. eh? a lot of fun on 1st ice ,,congrat's. nothin' like a decent strike through the ice . great stuff,, thanks for sharin'.

right on! I just checked out a local pond on my way home from work and it was iced over too. Only has snot-rocket pike in it, but for some reason I don't have an issue targetting dink pike if its through the ice. I just love watching that orange flag waving . couple more weeks and I'll give it a go

Foots doing better. Still in the cast though. So I can get around. Just slowly.

Im gonna head back there tomorrow morning early. This pond only produces crappie early in the morning and just before dark. Just gett'n ice fishin was a hell of a treat, but I want a nice crappie lunch.

Cheers