Couture vs. Leznar UFC91

ehg

Remember when Gonzaga got his nose broken in the first round and could hardly breathe? He was spitting out blood the whole fight and breathing with his mouth wide open. He hates beign hit, and was bound to lose that fight

That Nose break was a fluke it was a weird collision when Couture was taking Gonzaga to the ground, that gave lead way for Couture and he took it to his advantage other than that it was Coutures fight regardless, Gonzaga is still upcoming and is gonna put on some good shows in the future, i still go in awe when i watch the kick he did on Mirko.

ahh i was going to mention UFC 17 ...best to just google it..drinking beers already and after typing for what seemed like hrs i didnt have a clue what the point was in the first place so i erased it all....lol :rolleyes:

Im feeling yer pain.LOL

Have a great night buster

And that was not a fluke?????????????

Dude, are you saying Gonzaga was actually not trying to kick him in the head? Sorta like how Randleman was not trying to punch his face off? Maybe, just maybe, Crocop drops his guard once in a while and gets caught.

There is no fluke to it when a person dominates a fight (and Gonzaga WAS winning the fight before the KO) and then finishes it with a vicious head kick. A fluke would be winning by KO when the fighter piledrives himself into the mat while trying to slam an opponent and knocks himself out like Mark Kerr did a few years back. Or like when Shogun's arm popped while sprawling against Coleman.

Give Gonzaga credit. I've seen every single fight Crocop fought in Pride and the UFC. Crocop is a straight up phenomenal striker and good fighter. But he got caught. No "fluke" to it whatsoever.

Charles

Dude, are you saying Gonzaga was actually not trying to kick him in the head?

Chuck,he couldnt reach that high. It deflected off of his shoulder. It was not a clean kick(he was even unballanced when he delivered it),yes it caught him,but it did not hit the mark like intended. FLUKE,LUCKY WHAT EVER.

Hey, hows the young ones? Im enjoying our little grandprincess.

Edited by misfish

And that was not a fluke?????????????

His intention was there regardless of his kick deflecting or him being off balance, Gonzaga threw that kick to do some sort of damage, as for what i was talking about earlier with Couture and Gonzaga it was more of a collision when couture took down Ganzaga, it wasnt Coutures intention to bust his nose in that fashion but it happened.

Edited by PatrickG

''Brock Lesnar and Randy Couture are both receiving $250,000 paydays for their much-anticipated fight tonight, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Additionally, Couture will get an additional $250,000 bonus should he win with Lesnar adding $200,000 more to his winnings should he win the fight.

UFC 91 airs tonight on pay per view with Couture/Lesnar being the main event for the UFC Heavyweight Championship. ''

you see it in K-1 when Bob Sapp knocks out a guy like Ernesto Hoost skill wise no comparison, but when a guy that big hits you -goodnight!

That about describes this, size and brute force beat skill and experience.

Couture is 45 though, his time is over anyways.

I was very impressed with how patient Brock was. He didn't bull rush or try anything too crazy. The finish was awkward and not exactly pinpoint accurate striking, but I guess when someone of that size hits you, even glancing blows are damaging. The punch caught him behind the ear on the top of the neck. You don't see a lot of knockouts to that area, but as Randy said, "that's one big dude".

Brian, the rugrats are fine except for runny nose. Cold season. If you recall in the fight, Gonzaga had actually set Crocop up with some punishing kicks to the body. If you watch, Crocop flinches down to block the body kick and Gonzaga throws high instead. Gonzaga can definitely kick that high, he's a much taller bigger fighter. I think if they fought 10 times, Gonzaga would win 7 of them if not more. Crocop is a blown up light heavyweight. Gonzaga is a true heavyweight and as we saw last night, the new wave of heavyweights is upon us.

Charles