Shakespeare Ugly Stik

GBW

Hi all.

I was fishing up at the cottage over the weekend when I noticed that the insert on the guide at the tip is missing. My wife got the rod a few years ago at good old Walmart but I cannot find the bill. Is there anywhere I can get it replaced or fixed? I think all the Shakespear rod's have a 5-year warranty too so I'm not sure what to do, thanks.

Geoff

Thanks all.

Take it back to wal mart. No questions asked about replacing it.

I wish I had your walmart here. after I found the bill I tried to exchange it I was told "no, it's after 90 days so it's up to you to chase down the mfg of the product as it's not our warranty". I felt like saying something rude but the person on the other side of the counter looked like she knows what an Ugly Stick was/is so I left it at that. and I'm not talking fishing...

I'm still mad (and that was 4 hours ago) after all the non stop money I spend there...

I would just glue a new tip-top guide on that you can buy at Wally Mart....ha,ha... back there again. The hard part will be cutting off the existing tip-top guide, ouch!

At least you didn't pick up the rod from the tip as my buddy did last year with his rod in northern Algonquin Park. Sad to say he only brought one rod with him too, and I HATE lending my expensive rods...LOL.

Edited by marine5068