So my car got broken into

Mattones

Lew you hit the nail on the head. I went for a job interview one time to be cook in a county jail. The guards called repeat offenders JOB SECURITY and thought it was funny. The judges and lawyers make a lot more money off the "system" than the guards so imagine how much they rejoice that some people just keep doing the crime without really doing the time. The reason for that is no politican wants to tell that in order to make us safe from this type of thing they have to take away some freedoms and increase taxes to build more hotels for the criminals....

How about just doing this. You get caught doing a simple property crime you get a high tech type tatoo on the side of your face calling you what you did.... When a certain number of years have passed if you have been a good person you get the "tatoo" to disappear. Would let everyone know what kind of person you are and would cost a lot less than putting you up in hotel for your sentence.

Of course a ton of kids would want to have a similar tatoo just for kicks so it would have to something unique.

How about a tat of an :asshat: right in the middle of their mug!!!! :clapping:

How about a tat of an :asshat: right in the middle of their mug!!!! :clapping:

I don't know what the tat should be.... but the way we are doing things now is not working is it? I think a lot of the problem is there is NO LEADERSHIP that you point to as a good role model anymore from anywhere. (except for those of us lucky to have family that provides it.) The simple fact is you can no longer point to the police, clergy, reporter, politican or business tycoon and say that those people are honest and that being like them is a good thing. It is pretty hard to try to get citizens to be honest, and hard working when it is all about the easy way out these days for everyone.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/CanadaV...6856741-cp.html

If your interested here's what our government is up against for tough on crime. A losing Battle thanks to the Liberal Oh wed just be jailing everybody just like the ?????????????????/. My thought in this is there are a lot of Knife incidents these days so if you think Mr tough guy is caught with a knife and automatically goes to jail, you think it may deter him? How about if your caught stealing the third time you automatically go to jail. THE PROBLEM FOR THE SCUMBAGS IS THERE IS NO DETERENT. This started changing in the seventies. With our growing population do you think we should add more jails? YOU THINK!!!!!or more therapists

There's "crackheads" around my area that will "jimmy" a car door open , just to steal the loose change on the console!

No sense getting stabbed over it!

Call the cops.

I used to leave the door unlocked so they don't have to bust windows or locks to get in

Don't leave anything in the car..then they'll have to go elsewhere..

Edited by danbo

A while back, a couple of counties were using work gangs out by Chatham. Signs were posted on the county roads identifying the work area and the prison uniform. You could spot them a mile away.

Bring back the labour gangs and make them pay for their stay.

Until the absolutely useless politicians in this country decide to actually do something to punish the thieving punks we have to deal with, they'll just go on ripping off the honest folks and laughing all the way to the next crime.

Doesn't matter how hard the coppers work to find and arrest them, the lawyers and courts either plea bargain it away or give such a minor punishment that it makes most of us scratch our heads and wonder what the heck just happened :wallbash:

These thieves have absolutely nothing to worry about when they get caught and they know it, so they may as well just go on robbing us.

Seems everybody hates thieves........except politicians, lawyers and judges.

Amen Lew!!!!

Good luck with the police.... my car (acura TL) got stolen last May from theater parking lot (401/morning side) so I called the police, they showed-up after over 2 hours as this was not an emergency while I was standing out in cold waiting them. After they arrive they even did not bother to get off from there cruiser, all they did is took my info, car info and insurance details and then a lecture about not to approach if i see my car but to call them and on there way back a report number to pass to the insurance.

Funny was, when I asked what are the chances that I get my car back... they were well its over 20 cars per week average in this division and over 150,000 cars per year across the country, you would be lucky to get it back but don't worry your insurance will take care of you.... and when I was talking to insurance guy while settling my claim, he was, your car might be sitting in some trailer for shipping out of the country...

My experience over all... well cops know how it is happening, insurance know what is happening with stolen cars but seems no one is interested in tackling the problem. How it is possible to export a stolen car out of the country without the support of law enforcement and customs??

Read these report, quite interesting

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/cars/lithuania/

Edited by Dusky

Good luck with the police.... my car (acura TL) got stolen last May from theater parking lot (401/morning side) so I called the police, they showed-up after over 2 hours as this was not an emergency while I was standing out in cold waiting them. After they arrive they even did not bother to get off from there cruiser, all they did is took my info, car info and insurance details and then a lecture about not to approach if i see my car but to call them and on there way back a report number to pass to the insurance.

Funny was, when I asked what are the chances that I get my car back... they were well its over 20 cars per week average in this division and over 150,000 cars per year across the country, you would be lucky to get it back but don't worry your insurance will take care of you.... and when I was talking to insurance guy while settling my claim, he was, your car might be sitting in some trailer for shipping out of the country...

My experience over all... well cops know how it is happening, insurance know what is happening with stolen cars but seems no one is interested in tackling the problem. How it is possible to export a stolen car out of the country without the support of law enforcement and customs??

Read these report, quite interesting

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/cars/lithuania/

Really simple. There are thousands of seatainers leaving and entering the country each day. You might have the manpower to inspect 50 a day outbound. At present, authorities can't keep up with the inbound traffic of goods, so outbound shipments are low priority, as opposed to inbound containers from Latin America or the Far East.

Edited by bigugli

when I was younger I couldn't afford my car ins. for a bit so I took the truck off the road for 9 months. so my sister asked if she could have my stereo in her Civic SI as the factory one was broken. Not even 2 weeks later it was gone, while the car was in the driveway. a week later some dude broke in again and this time took the steering wheel as the one's in a SI we different then the rest... You should have heard that call to work as why we were going to be late...

if you have a GPS, don't have your home address listed as home just in case someone breaks into your car while you are out. if they get your GPS then they now know where you house is and it could be next on the list of things to do...

if you have a GPS, don't have your home address listed as home just in case someone breaks into your car while you are out. if they get your GPS then they now know where you house is and it could be next on the list of things to do...

Good idea, go to the local police station and mark that as home. That way they will get a nice surprise when they come a callin'!! ;)