New trolling setup

bassjnkie

where did you get that net?

I bought the net at my local tackleshop, Tall Tales here in Cambridge.

that view looks familiar

Hey Dave, I thought to myself - look at the cute little gold reel at the back of the boat.....that must be Dave's.

Then I noticed it was a Lady's retrieve - so it has to be Scotts! :clapping:

I'm also a fan of the DownEasters and along with the side mounted rods, I also like to run a rod straight out from the transom to get the baits directly in the prop wash behind the motor.

I like to use 4' wire cables with brass snaps to attach the rod to the boat to keep it from going in the drink if anything nasty happens. Only takes a second to un-clip the snap from the rod and is an idea I picked up from Richard Collins that will keep expensive rods/reels from going overboard.

Cnv2104.jpg

Tundra N Lightning, that's a nice set-up you've got there.

I have enough for 6 rod to be run from my boat and one more if needed from the back like Lew has but in this pic you can see the Down Easter it is mounted on a 90 degree bend that is bolted to a big jon base this is for my down rods and the other two holders are big jon 7 position holders they work great for playner boards this way you can run 2 rods on the boards and one on the boat it makes it easy to run 6 rods from the boat. I alsowent with the big jon bases so that when I am done fishing or out pickerel fishing I can take teh big holders off and am just left with 2 4" bases on each side not 2-3 feet of track this has worked out very well for us this year I am glad I spent the extra $$$ for them it was some of the best $$$ I have spent on a boat to date.

I also have a bungee cord t ohelp keep the rods in the holder when I am fishing them streight out the sides and when working on a fish at boat side I will put it throught the net to hold it to the boat that will save me some more $$$ with not loosing it.

1bf1acd.jpg