Perchin

bigugli

With a weather forecast of warm air and clear skies, I just could not resist. The brood and I hopped into the van at 6 and ran for the lake. Weren't sure where we were launching. Depended on the wind. Barrie or the south shore. Wound up on the south shore.

The bite was not hot and heavy, but steady enough to land a few hundred over the course of the day. Lots of small stuff. Not cold enough for the big jacks to really move in. My daughter has never been out on Simcoe and she had a hoot.

DSCN2239.jpg

DSCN2237.jpg

The son got a few pigs:

DSCN2238.jpg

DSCN2240.jpg

We managed to have a great day with a fine take home meal or two to boot :D

DSCN2243.jpg

BIGUGLI,

Looks like you had a nice day out on the water, was this to replace take your kids to work day?

As a father of an 12 and 13 year old and a smoker, at what age did you let your son start smoking?

FLEX

I have always believed that quality family time has far greater value than a day of school or work. It took a heart attack to learn that lesson

Funny you should ask about the smoking. I never allowed him to smoke. He was there when I had my M.I., and was there when the doctor said quit now or you'll be back on the slab next month.

He didn't take up smoking, or hid it well, til he was almost 18. Being an adult, there is not much I can tell him to do or don't do outside the home. He saw the consequences up close but chose to ignore them. Kinda like a person coming from a family of alcoholics and saying "booze can't hurt me"

Edited by bigugli