5th Annual Grand River Walleye Tourney Results

Fishmaster

It was a great weekend for a November Tournament. Sunrise was a little later than expected so we got a 7:30 am Start.

5thannualfallwalleyetournamentlower.jpg

After the shot gun went off it seemed most headed for the dam

5thannualfallwalleyetournamentlo-1.jpg

Twenty Six boats in all were registered for the Tourney.

At 2:30pm we had 11 of them weigh in with fish.

winnersboard.jpg

The Calcutta was won by boat #9 Kevin and Doug with a 4.21lb Walleye. $210.00

Walleye1-1.jpg

Calcutta.jpg

First Place went to Glen and Don , Boat #10 with a total weight of 6.56 lbs. Winning $520.00

1stplace.jpg

Second Place went to Bosc and Lucas, Boat #3 with a total weight of 6.51lbs Winning $312.00

2ndplace.jpg

BoscandLucas.jpg

Third Place went to Kevin and Doug, Boat #9 with a total weight of 5.40lbs Winning $104.00

3rdplace.jpg

Laurie from the Ministry of Natural Resources came out to check all fish for Pit Tags, Weights, and Length... Checking on our Lower Grand River fishery...Thank you to her for all her work.

Measuringfish.jpg

weighingfish1.jpg

Measuringfish1.jpg

It was a great day had by all...Thanks for coming out and participating in our 5th Annual Lower Grand Walleye Tournament.

Sorry about the lack of fish pictures, as fast as we could Weigh, scan and measure these fish it was a live release tournament so we didn't have a lot of time before needing to get these guys into the holding tank for release when all information was taken.

Steve and Jen

Edited by Fishmaster

A couple of questions for you,

what kind of bait do you allow, live or artificial?

What is that yellow thing with a circle in the last picture?

Growing up and learning to fish on the Grand River keeps me interested in what is happening down there.

Sometimes I wish I could have had a chance to fish further down the river than just the Brantford area.

great going on the day Steve, nice to see some good fish brought in.

pretty cool to see that the MNR came down with the PIT tag reader..that's a great idea, I wonder if we can get any feed-back to see if it's any of the fish I helped catch and tag over the last couple years...curious where any of the fish tagged that you know of???

great going on the day Steve, nice to see some good fish brought in.

pretty cool to see that the MNR came down with the PIT tag reader..that's a great idea, I wonder if we can get any feed-back to see if it's any of the fish I helped catch and tag over the last couple years...curious where any of the fish tagged that you know of???

All fish that we had for the tourney were taged 3 years ago no Pit Tags were found in any of the fish weighed in Saturday ...funny how you get diffrent schools of fish from year to year ...looks like its going to be another awesome winter ice fishing again ... :thumbsup_anim:

A couple of questions for you,

what kind of bait do you allow, live or artificial?

What is that yellow thing with a circle in the last picture?

Growing up and learning to fish on the Grand River keeps me interested in what is happening down there.

Sometimes I wish I could have had a chance to fish further down the river than just the Brantford area.

You can use Live Bait Dead Bait any Baits but no Dynamite :canadian:

All fish that we had for the tourney were taged 3 years ago no Pit Tags were found in any of the fish weighed in Saturday ...funny how you get diffrent schools of fish from year to year ...looks like its going to be another awesome winter ice fishing again ... :thumbsup_anim:

right on Steve, thanks for filling me in, I was curious to see, it's awesome to see the fishery there is so diverse, and I look forward to helping the MNR again in the spring. One of the "recaps" we got before was from 2000, it is great to see all the different year classes of fish that come into there :Gonefishing: