Woman's erratic driving of Zamboni spurs charges

kickingfrog

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...tional/Ontario/

Woman's erratic driving of Zamboni spurs charges

The Canadian Press

November 1, 2008

Kingsville, Ont -- A 34-year-old woman has been charged with impaired driving - on a Zamboni.

Provincial police say an off-duty officer spotted the woman driving erratically on the ice resurfacer at Kingsville Arena on Thursday night.

The driver was missing major spots on the ice and bumping into the boards. At one point, police allege, the woman stopped the Zamboni and slumped over the steering wheel. Police say they found a bottle of vodka on the woman.

She was arrested and charged with impaired operation of a motor vehicle and driving over the legal alcohol limit.

No further news whether she was: making a cell phone call, texting, applying make-up, shaving or eating a bowl of cereal.

Fortunately the last three are not illegal yet here in Ontario, so shave away. :whistling:

On a more serious side... While it is clearly wrong to do what she was doing, it is not on a public road, or a vehicle that is licensed for public roads. I wonder if there is a loop hole? Hope not.

More proof that you can't fix stupid.

No further news whether she was: making a cell phone call, texting, applying make-up, shaving or eating a bowl of cereal.

Fortunately the last three are not illegal yet here in Ontario, so shave away. :whistling:

On a more serious side... While it is clearly wrong to do what she was doing, it is not on a public road, or a vehicle that is licensed for public roads. I wonder if there is a loop hole? Hope not.

... and was there anybody on the ice that could have been endangered?

... if not, I don't really see a problem!

I've seen 2 people charged with DUI on riding mowers. One fella had the cooler mounted on the mower hood while doing the front yard. He got the one year suspension. Remember, the boulevard strip of "your" lawn is actually part of the road way.

Funny thing about this is that Kingsville was the 1st runner-up in the CBC Kraft Hockeyville contest this past spring. They have been talking about making a run to win the grand prize this year. I don't think this will help help their case.

Brandon, are you back in Windsor now?

Nope, it's a motorized vehicle and the criminal code applies everywhere so you can be charged with Impaired Driving on private property...hence the rash of impaired driving charges on lawn tractors etc

Nobody in danger? with the driver hitting the boards I am sure that there were some fans(parents or other kids) around that could have been injured if the glass was broke. There is no need for this kind of behavior anywhere!!!

Duxbware.

Edited by duxbware