Pike love the Firetiger Jake Pt. 3

GbayGiant

Well, 3rd time out musky fishing in a row and once again got another huge Pike on the 10" Jake in a completely different spot than the other two, I gave the Jake a makeover with a magic marker and made no difference. :D After the pike fooled me again into believing I had a musky on, I decided to upgrade to the 14" Jake like I said the other day because the 10" must be too small for the muskies this year. :rolleyes: Unfortunately I fumbled the pike over the boat when I went to take a pic but it was another fat 40"+ to complete the Trilogy of unexpected Pike.

Trolled over a saddle with current in between two islands, only around 200 yards from where I got the pike, and this one finally payed off for the target species. A nice clean new personal small musky hit the upgraded Jake and this little guy was hungry, should grow up to be a respectable GBay monster one day if she continues to eat like this. :thumbsup_anim: Maybe next time out I'll find her Grandma that I've been looking for.

med_gallery_322_145_16609.jpg

med_gallery_322_145_35137.jpg

med_gallery_322_145_81311.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

Maybe not tomorrow Wayne, but Sun to Thurs next week are looking prime for anyone fishing and there might not be too many days left so I'll be out as much as possible with this great fishing weather. Still haven't broke out the ski-goggles and mittens yet. :lol:

Yeah, it's weird Lew with these big pike in the typical musky spots but I remember that one Next Bite show this year when Pete and Thorpe were musky fishing on Lake Nipissing and all they could find were big pike in all the spots usually holding muskies.

nicer work with the 14" bait....it only caught that small guy though --- better bust out the 22"s

I get out the bigger lure and get a smaller fish, lol, goes to show they have no problem with the 14" baits especially a big one.