Heading for Quinte on Monday Need to find a boat launch

Time2Fish

Hey guys,

Gonna take the day off and head for quinte on Monday. Usually when we have come up, we turn it into 2 or 3 days and have stayed at blakewood on the south shore of Hay Bay. Coming from the west, not exactly sure where to launch the boat. I am sure if I exit on #49 head south to Picton I will find one in town. DOes anyone have some info they could share...location, cost, good ramp etc?

Planning on trolling or jigging around Thompsons and Shermans point as well as near the ferry.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Hillsy

Your best bet would be Picton Harbour launch get ther early as parking can be scarce by far the nicest launch.

I think there is another launch down the road from picton Harbour called Mcfarlens its free but you will need a 4 X 4 .

There is another launch take the ferry across from the Picton side and launch once you exit the ferry.

Have a safe trip.

MTP

If you've stayed on Hay Bay and know the area you could easily drive down to north shore of Glenora Ferry. Check out a map and see the ferry route from Picton across the north shore. Nice sheltered launch, restrooms and free.

A good tip, if your going Nov.,Dec. carry a bag of salt for the ramps. Watch your tail lights,transducer,speedo,prop backing in if theres ice at the ramps. Tilt your motor back down after you come out of the water to drain, pull drain plug. Think about the freezing damage. Nice thing about all the ramps, there free. Would be nice if other municipalities would take the hint. :whistling: